• Feb 21st, 2018 4:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4532 posts
1109 upvotes
Thornhill
Watching Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc(NASDAQ:HMNY) for entry.

Bid for full position @ $5.49 submitted.

Filled @ $5.49 U
Jan 28, 2007
352 posts
173 upvotes
South-Western, Ontar…
EMA is starting to feel like a falling knife ...
Sep 4, 2007
574 posts
59 upvotes
Orange Key holder in…
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:23 am
Maybe JerryHung bought some without telling us all ....
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1992 posts
723 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Jojo_Madman wrote:
The cheaper it becomes the farther your drip goes.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4532 posts
1109 upvotes
Thornhill
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Canada has lost billions of dollars in investments from politicians holding the rights and interests of their lowest income voting base (for better or worse) all the way from summer of 2017 when Petronas pulled out completely from proposed Pacific Northwest LNG megaproject. Since then, more projects have been cancelled and will continue to be. I posted about this back then as well but this was the ultimate turning point for me to NEVER invest in Canadian resources ever again for as long as I live.

All of this excess energy in this country but it has nowhere to go... I don't understand the reasons to invest in Canadian energy companies who lose in Forex when they have to look to the south for investment and development opportunities because of being starved for growth in Canada due to politicians. Just buy energy companies who have potential to continue growing in the U.S. Trade relations are also in process of being rewritten, Trump will imho win a second term; no point in losing $ in rising interest environment either in unrealized losses or lost opportunity.

Cheniere Energy, Inc. (NYSEAMERICAN:LNG) is laughing at Canada and will continue to develop relationships and long-term contracts with China while Canadian politicians play their games.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1206 posts
397 upvotes
Mississauga
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:39 am
Canada has lost billions of dollars in investments from politicians holding the rights and interests of their lowest income voting base (for better or worse) all the way from summer of 2017 when Petronas pulled out completely from proposed Pacific Northwest LNG megaproject. Since then, more projects have been cancelled and will continue to be. I posted about this back then as well but this was the ultimate turning point for me to NEVER invest in Canadian resources ever again for as long as I live.

All of this excess energy in this country but it has nowhere to go... I don't understand the reasons to invest in Canadian energy companies who lose in Forex when they have to look to the south for investment and development opportunities because of being starved for growth in Canada due to politicians. Just buy energy companies who have potential to continue growing in the U.S. Trade relations are also in process of being rewritten, Trump will imho win a second term; no point in losing $ in rising interest environment either in unrealized losses or lost opportunity.

Cheniere Energy, Inc. (NYSEAMERICAN:LNG) is laughing at Canada and will continue to develop relationships and long-term contracts with China while Canadian politicians play their games.
Jeenyus, just curious why you think Trump will win another term? Not passing any judgement here, but from a strictly objective perspective (I definitely respect your ability to decipher information and data and use it as part of your investing acumen) why do you think he will win another term?
Mar 14, 2015
527 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:39 am

Hey Jeenyus, if you were doing a dividend investing approach would you still avoid resources? Is your stance on fortis, emera and canadian utilities all the same? Would you group enbridge with this as well?
Nov 30, 2015
162 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 9:32 am
Watching Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc(NASDAQ:HMNY) for entry.

Bid for full position @ $5.49 submitted.

Filled @ $5.49 U
In at 5.60.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4532 posts
1109 upvotes
Thornhill
STP123 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:48 am
Jeenyus, just curious why you think Trump will win another term? Not passing any judgement here, but from a strictly objective perspective (I definitely respect your ability to decipher information and data and use it as part of your investing acumen) why do you think he will win another term?
He's given more or exactly what his supporters expected from him. A quick checklist of his election promises and key elements of what I've been centered around:

1.) Build a wall along the southern border and make Mexico 'pay' for it - this is in progress and will likely happen imho, In exchange for Democrat's support on this, Republicans will give them DACA extension. Wilbur and crew will carry on with NAFTA negotiations after Mexico's general election on July 1st, 2018. They'll win some concessions in NAFTA negotiations from Mexico and will market this $ as going towards the wall.

2.) WASP narrative is no longer secondary to progressive narrative.

3.) Regulations elmination/Military spending - regulations across all major industries have been slashed especially banking while military spending has been increasing since last administration.

4.) America first - upper middle class and 1% have benefited immediately since his inauguration as they've seen the lion's share of trickle down economic gains - through gains in stock ownership (up until recent correction) .

5.) Tax reform - corporate tax rate drastically lowered from 35% to 21%. Individual tax rates were lowered as well for the highest individual brackets but this is moot as those in high tax brackets usually defer all/most taxes anyhow.

What else do the Republicans possibly need to secure more election donations for an almost guaranteed secured next term?
Last edited by Jeenyus1 on Feb 13th, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

Sniper001, MoneyHypeMike, serious8