None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5212 posts
1672 upvotes
Thornhill
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:25 pm

Some more food for thought, as of 2 hours ago - large diameter welded pipe Canadian exports to USA have just risen...

"If the government makes a preliminary finding by March 5 that dumping or unfair subsidies are taking place it will begin collecting cash deposits from U.S. companies importing the pipe, the department said.

The probe covers welded carbon and alloy steel pipe larger than 16 inches (406.4 mm) in diameter. The pipe is generally used to transport oil, natural gas, slurry and steam and for piling, the department said.

The U.S. investigations, part of the 94 cases President Donald Trump’s administration has opened since taking office, are aimed at protecting U.S. manufacturers in global markets, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in a statement.

The Commerce Department estimated that in 2016 imports of large-diameter welded pipe from Canada had a value of $66 million, China $139 million, India $26 million, Greece $70 million, Korea $150.3 million, and Turkey $116.1 million."

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-tra ... SL2N1Q30KN

--

Wilbur Ross/Rex Tillerson and new FED chair Powell were handpicked by this party and they are exceptional at what they've been elected to do. Who do we have in our Canadian caucuses?
FYI for those interested - Trumps' 2 nominees to join US ITC: Dennis M. Devaney and Randolph J. Stayin for Commissioners on the United States International Trade Commission are to be voted in. Not sure of when the senate will vote on this.

The ITC is currently operating with only four out of six Commissioners due to two members leaving - 2 Democratic nominees and 2 Republican nominees... If Devaney/Stayin are approved to the Commission, that will bring it to 4 Republican commission members and only 2 Democratic commission members...

This will likely get worse for Canadian dumping allegations/regulations rather than better imo.
Jan 15, 2015
502 posts
225 upvotes
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 9:32 am
Watching Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc(NASDAQ:HMNY) for entry.

Bid for full position @ $5.49 submitted.

Filled @ $5.49 U
1/2 position in: HMNY @ $5.41, EMA @ $39.97

HMNY popped up on my alerts in bed this morning Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes. Thanks jeenyus1 for your previous comments re HMNY and MoviePass.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5212 posts
1672 upvotes
Thornhill
rapashoo wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:41 am
CPI's out guys. 0.5% (Jan MoM) vs. 0.3% expected
FED's target rate probability for March 21st of 150-175bps slightly higher today on the release from 76.1% (yesterday) to 77.5% (today).
Last edited by Jeenyus1 on Feb 14th, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3311 posts
688 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Futures went from triple digit +ve to triple digit -ve after hotter cpi
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
1763 posts
270 upvotes
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:48 am
FED's target rate probability for March 21st of 150-175bps slightly higher today on the release from 76.1% (yesterday) to 77.5% (today).
Just slightly higher? hm not as bad as I thought it would be... expected higher than 80% prob.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2362 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
jerryhung wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:16 pm
WOW, what's with unloved names beating ER lately? :P
after ER. SNAP +40%, TWTR +30%, now FOSL +8% today +50% after-hours

I hope one day HMNY will +50% then, LOL
Dead cat's bounce? I was thinking of getting TWTR, back when it was $15, because of Trump.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3311 posts
688 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
georvu wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:50 am
Futures went from triple digit +ve to triple digit -ve after hotter cpi
Now less -ve

Looks like a another tug of war as mkt digests cpi data and decides ramifications.

In whole scheme of things interest rates still historically low... buy quality companies and no need to look at mkt every minute BUT definitely visit RFD regularly!! :)
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3819 posts
791 upvotes
I am buying this dip. Hoping for small move down to 2630-2635

stop under spike down - 2627.

VIX cash 23.5
VIX futes 20 (mar)

Seems no panic = buyable dip

edit: market opened 2644, and sprinted to 50. Internals are bearish, but yet the price action looks bullish. Not buying anything and waiting for clear picture.

edit2: double digit gap is hard to close right away, almost impossible. And yet we are ONLY down -6
Last edited by dlhunter on Feb 14th, 2018 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5212 posts
1672 upvotes
Thornhill
jerryhung wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:16 pm

I hope one day HMNY will +50% then, LOL
Be careful on HMNY for those that have bought recently since the latest dilution, I will post when I sell but this is a 'hit n' run' trade for me. Naturally, this doesn't mean I'll sell at the best or right time but I am mainly watching AMC Entertainment more so than the stockprice or subscription #'s going forward to see if HMNY's recent extortion hits AMC's already terrible bottom line to turn them into a forced participant. I'm also interested to see the updated latest short interest to place a 'dropdead date'.

Though it has amazing long-term potential down the road it's business model until IPO or full institutional support relies on dilution to support it's cashburn. Don't fall in love with this stock.
Feb 26, 2017
673 posts
289 upvotes
NYSE:OHI is down about 6%. Bad quarter where they revised guidance down and froze their dividend. Kinda risky at this point but it has a 10.4% yield%...
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3819 posts
791 upvotes
Just like that - gap closed.
Russel and Nasdaq leading.

Giddy up, we are going higher. Inflation stagflation.

ok, I moved my bid up 2645.

edit: bot back short ES puts - Apr 2000. Over 60% gain. Working to buy back May 2100 @ 11 and Apr 2400 @ 20
Last edited by dlhunter on Feb 14th, 2018 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

Stevewithalaptop, freilona