What did you buy? What might you buy??

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 2:22 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 24, 2017
23 posts
7 upvotes
I will say little too early... probably better option is Hudbay Minerals - HBM-T
Jul 24, 2017
23 posts
7 upvotes
There are a few oversold stock right now which deserve to be in your portfolio:
ITP, LNR, MAL, ZCL, BNS, LB, CAS, WPK, XTC, HWO, RUS

Any other suggestion?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2656 posts
1171 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought ZCL a little early, keeping an eye on it to add some more.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
8422 posts
2834 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
treva84 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:03 pm
I think LNR is well run and they've got good management. Industry is cyclical but they are doing a good job diversifying. It's obviously sold off as of late, presumably due to NAFTA fears.

I continue to hold.
A better player in these questionable times would be MG - larger in scale and more globally diversified - if you want to play the autoparts.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
8422 posts
2834 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
conexity wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:22 pm

Any other suggestion?
You gotta throw in TECK.b and FM due to fears that these trade issues are going to stay and blow out the global economic expansion.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1236 posts
396 upvotes
craftsman wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:51 am
I would sell, sell, sell. It's obvious now that Hydro One will be much more politically motivated than before!
what-if the stock got down to $10 or some number lower than the original IPO, the Ontario government could buy back a chunk of shares, the stock gets pumped back up to $20, government sells the quantity of shares it previously bought back.

is that a possibility?
Feb 26, 2017
644 posts
277 upvotes
conexity wrote:

Any other suggestion?
I'd add some utilities to your list. AQN, CU, FTS and EMA.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2218 posts
899 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
craftsman wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:54 am
A better player in these questionable times would be MG - larger in scale and more globally diversified - if you want to play the autoparts.
Although fairly subjective, I like LNR's management better than MG. But you are right MG has more diversification.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1914 posts
194 upvotes
conexity wrote:

Any other suggestion?
I think this is a good list. I just submitted a small bid to add to my LNR holdings. I've watched MAL for a while and strongly considered starting a position but have not yet. BNS I think you can't go wrong really. Not a big fan of the others but also have not spent much time on them.
Chance7652 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:01 am
I'd add some utilities to your list. AQN, CU, FTS and EMA.
Yes, good value here too. I have full positions in EMA and CU, plus a bit of FTS. Seems like a good time to add to me and enjoy the solid 4%+ dividends, although the interest rate hikes are still looming.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4154 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal
craftsman wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:54 am
Given the upcoming midterms, there are less volatile names out there than those Canadian auto parts makers which could suffer greatly because of Trump.
Feb 26, 2017
644 posts
277 upvotes
Capt. wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:26 am
Yes, good value here too. I have full positions in EMA and CU, plus a bit of FTS. Seems like a good time to add to me and enjoy the solid 4%+ dividends, although the interest rate hikes are still looming.
I think the stock price may stay down for a while with raising rates. My impression is that the Canadian Utilities have not bounced as much as the US ones (ie Nyse:D, SO).

I like EMA and FTS but I'll probably hold off adding as I'm already overweight at 20% in Utilities. I have full positions in CU and AQN and about a 3x position in BIP.UN.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3290 posts
678 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
cn_habs wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:06 am
Given the upcoming midterms, there are less volatile names out there than those Canadian auto parts makers which could suffer greatly because of Trump.
I'm actually in MGA calls BUT for couple of months max as agree that some trade issues could stall stock.
Apr 23, 2017
168 posts
93 upvotes
Hey guys, a little help here. I moved from the US a couple of months back and need help with finding a good online stock broker - Lot of info/choices from the web and I understand the choices differ based on needs/priorities, but looking for something with a low trading fee, low/no monthly fee and low/no monthly minimum balance. Wish robinhood was here in Canada! TIA

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 1 guest)

userID, oasis100, dominik, spongewen, treva84