None
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50537 posts
15312 upvotes
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:09 pm
An audit revealed it being linked to a tax trade scandal
hmmm. Thanks. will keep a watch out for it :)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1317 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
sheepe wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:42 pm
Being someone who's holding this.... It hurts to watch. What are your thoughts?
From the article it does say the satellite is insured but to continue providing the service, they have to now assign more work to other satellites that are already active.

What I remember about MAXR, their big expansive contracts are cyclical by nature. Their imaging service is suppose to be steady income but I don't know how much growth potential there is. I remember vaguely that they are now a U.S. company.

I don't know enough about the company or the industry to have proper opinion.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1204 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Just crazy to see it drop like this. Down 30% today.
Apr 5, 2010
94 posts
32 upvotes
Grimsby
sheepe wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:42 pm
Being someone who's holding this.... It hurts to watch. What are your thoughts?
Not sure, but it seems to be sold off as if they are going under. I just don't see anything from the news or financials that warrants this.
I have some shares, and decided to average down just now on the hope it will bounce.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1204 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
I think they'll have to cut their div soon at maxr
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
1810 posts
991 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ha, last week one of the BNN analysts predicted that NFI can go down to $22 - it's up 5% today:
NFI Group Inc. (NFI-T) announced that the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), the public agency responsible for operating most public transportation services in Greater Boston, has executed options for 194 heavy-duty, forty-foot Xcelsior®diesel-electric transit buses.

“The hybrid buses, supported by Federal Transit Administration grants, will replace end-of-life vehicles,” the company stated. It said MBTA ordered its first New Flyer hybrid bus in 2010 “and now has more than 200 forty-foot and 70 sixty-foot diesel-hybrid buses currently in operation, as it continues to focus on clean transportation initiatives for the greater Boston area.”
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investi ... -watch-34/
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1204 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
dominik wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 3:07 pm
Not sure, but it seems to be sold off as if they are going under. I just don't see anything from the news or financials that warrants this.
I have some shares, and decided to average down just now on the hope it will bounce.
Hesitating to do this but I think I will have to at the rate it's going..
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50537 posts
15312 upvotes
Damn MAXR share price. They might as well cut their dividends off as the credit market isn't a borrower-friendly.

Lost about $1.5k on a week-hold for about a $7k bet. Good luck to those who are planning to average down.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7003 posts
6242 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
alanbrenton wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 3:23 pm
Damn MAXR share price. They might as well cut their dividends off as the credit market isn't a borrower-friendly.

Lost about $1.5k on a week-hold for about a $7k bet. Good luck to those who are planning to average down.
Wow, John Zechner is wearing this one like an anchor....

https://stockchase.com/company/view/769/MAXR-T
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9530 posts
678 upvotes
Muskoka
My end of year and early Jan dividends have been piling in, looking to start a position in TD with them soon. I'd like to see some more blood in the streets first, though.