• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 5:46 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4967 posts
707 upvotes
Bought a bunch of VGRO and VUN last week but still sitting on a bunch of cash. Should I average in every month or two even if it goes up? I guess so?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1864 posts
153 upvotes
Sidney
Another weekly round of ZDV, ZWH, ZWE, and ZEF. Was hoping to buy some on sale, but only ZEF was down.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
9582 posts
3540 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
baz5 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:26 pm
Bought a bunch of VGRO and VUN last week but still sitting on a bunch of cash. Should I average in every month or two even if it goes up? I guess so?
Time in the market will typically outperform averaging in... However, emotionally-wise, a lot of people feel better about averaging in as they might be more afraid of losses than missing potential gains.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2619 posts
1358 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
craftsman wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:47 pm
Time in the market will typically outperform averaging in... However, emotionally-wise, a lot of people feel better about averaging in as they might be more afraid of losses than missing potential gains.
To add to this I would say pick the strategy that minimizes the most future regret.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
9582 posts
3540 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
treva84 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 5:11 pm
To add to this I would say pick the strategy that minimizes the most future regret.
Future regret is a hard thing to minimizes as it depends on what's the definition of future.
Nov 21, 2015
114 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought 500 shares NBEV last week! So exciting!$_$
Apr 8, 2017
166 posts
36 upvotes
sheepe wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:37 pm
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/maxars-s ... 00814.html

Some positive news!

Anyone else bought in?
These studies or as they are called "Phase 0" are not really considered positive news imo. Companies can win dozen of these studies and if they are lucky will end up in 1-2 projects materializing years from now.

Positive news will be one or more of:
1- WorldView 4 insurance policy get paid in full
2- better than expected (after lost satellite write off) q4 earnings
3- Good news about SSL
4- Div cut with clear plan on how they are planning to pay off debt

I am not frustrated at the bad news as much as the management and IR for keeping their mouths shut
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1178 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
ShuttleBoy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:00 pm
These studies or as they are called "Phase 0" are not really considered positive news imo. Companies can win dozen of these studies and if they are lucky will end up in 1-2 projects materializing years from now.

Positive news will be one or more of:
1- WorldView 4 insurance policy get paid in full
2- better than expected (after lost satellite write off) q4 earnings
3- Good news about SSL
4- Div cut with clear plan on how they are planning to pay off debt

I am not frustrated at the bad news as much as the management and IR for keeping their mouths shut
I agree with you, it's not "amazing" news... What you listed above is what the company needs to recover from the recent drops.
Jun 28, 2018
111 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
sheepe wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:37 pm
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/maxars-s ... 00814.html

Some positive news!

Anyone else bought in?
Isn't the issue for MAXR their now declining cashflow and heavy debt?
Though they may get an insurance payout, the replacement satellite will take years.

Separately, bought more BNS today. (Because Covered Call is likely to get assigned)
The Distracted Investor

Dividends through quality companies 😃 Though I usually lose money with trades :facepalm:
Apr 8, 2017
166 posts
36 upvotes
johnnychi wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:34 pm
Isn't the issue for MAXR their now declining cashflow and heavy debt?
Though they may get an insurance payout, the replacement satellite will take years.

Separately, bought more BNS today. (Because Covered Call is likely to get assigned)
Their new constellation is scheduled to launch in 2021 and nothing will be built and launched before that
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
47557 posts
13242 upvotes
Any potential 1-2x bagger blue chip (or close enough) over a three-year holding period?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

romeocanada