• Oct 18th, 2018 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3883 posts
826 upvotes
FB getting killed. 115 ah
Expected move was $6, wanted to sell strangle and glad I didn't. Premium was evaporating faster then I could adjust the price.
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Nov 12, 2014
85 posts
36 upvotes
Levis, QC
dlhunter wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 6:30 pm
Expected move was $6, wanted to sell strangle and glad I didn't. Premium was evaporating faster then I could adjust the price.
Any idea why ? Good earnings (beat both top and bottom). Perharps I missed something.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3508 posts
789 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Corfius wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 6:55 pm
dlhunter wrote:
Any idea why ? Good earnings (beat both top and bottom). Perharps I missed something.
As many a time all about the fwd guidance. FB said slower ad revenue growth.

Might be good time this week to start [don't buy all at once] positions in FB and GOOGL and AAPL.

Gonna be interesting to see what SBUX says about the consumer tomorrow AH.

Of course I should have waited to sell TVIX but wanted to lock in profit after recent spike up.

Then of course there's that little election event next week!!
Jun 22, 2015
91 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB
daverobev wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 4:24 pm
Anyone care to comment on the underlying 'soundness' of AD.TO? Seems something like Lending Loop, but run by theoretical experts rather than numpties like me.
Your understanding is close. They enter into a preferred share agreement at 15%. What kind of company would take a loan at 15% right now? Companies that are too risky to borrow from banks, of course.

- They have a couple of bad investments and one of them is a writedown.
- Their cash flow can barely cover the dividend payments.
- They also cannot replace the good partners who now left with new ones.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4359 posts
635 upvotes
Montreal
Corfius wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 6:55 pm
dlhunter wrote:
If a stock beats and still drops then it probably guided down.
Jun 28, 2016
267 posts
139 upvotes
I do not understand this market. I looked into my portfolio today and discovered that Linamar beat its earning forecast in every way and then it's stock price crashed. Gildan Activewear missed and its stock price is surging. I'm not exactly unhappy, as I own both, but I think I kind of feel lie this: Neutral Face
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
21702 posts
3861 upvotes
Waterloo
Wavelet wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 10:13 am
I do not understand this market. I looked into my portfolio today and discovered that Linamar beat its earning forecast in every way and then it's stock price crashed. Gildan Activewear missed and its stock price is surging. I'm not exactly unhappy, as I own both, but I think I kind of feel lie this: Neutral Face
That's ER for you
I have
SHOP - beat big, +10% yesterday, -10% today, WTF
BABA - beat, and -3% and -2% today
not to mention others, and we know FB -5% despite a beat too

I don't get it anymore, shoulda stick to index investing :D
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2411 posts
1057 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Wavelet wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 10:13 am
With respect to LNR, I feel the same way!

I was reading their Q3 earnings report and the transcript for their conference call and they've had 21 quarters of double digit earnings growth, yet the stock trades at a P/E just shy of 7. I think some of the drop in share price was due to the soft guidance moving forward (earnings dropping to high single digits) and overall negative sentiment with the automakers. Whenever that sentiment shifts LNR should sky rocket.
Jun 28, 2016
267 posts
139 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 3:31 pm
holy

SPY will close 8 day in RED...

UVXY +12%
If Trump wins, maybe we can have a new record. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)