• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 11:58 am
Tags:
None
Jul 10, 2007
281 posts
135 upvotes
Edmonton
Sold TD today for a $1.00 gain. Looks like an oversold bounce. I'll see if I can get back in at a lower price.
Dec 8, 2013
17 posts
4 upvotes
emanon86 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:16 pm
I bet if you would have held those shares for a decade or two you could bought a lot more than a new paddle board.
No doubt! This is in my trading account which was mostly cash Friday, so I went all in for shiggles. Had a stop loss set at -.5% of my purchase price, sell order at +1.5%. Got lucky and it opened higher, Stay at home Dad's need some form of entertainment, might as well be gambling.
Sold GILD today as well for small profit, all cash in trading account now..
Jan 14, 2009
623 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bluebumbler wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:49 pm
Sold TD shares I bought on Friday...thanks for the new paddle board CBC.
Nice! Good job!!

CBC = fake news.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
2840 posts
442 upvotes
Ackman out of VRX, duh.
Sold out his stake at $11, it's capitulation aka margin call, folks.
I will buy a little at $11, maybe via options - long LEAP calls and short near month
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
36624 posts
7230 upvotes
Desii wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 2:49 pm
Thoughts on Go Pro? Down almost 5%
Went did it go up 5% in 2017?
Sep 4, 2007
547 posts
49 upvotes
Orange Key holder in…
treva84 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 10:45 am
:)

This morning it was announced that it's being acquired by a private equity firm at $25.50 a share, hence the pop today - http://www.nasdaq.com/article/dh-corp-t ... 0313-00463
Well, thanks for the tip way back. So, I guess it was a nice ride. I wasn't sure when to get off the bus.

So, what happens next in cases like this? How do I realize my shares at 25.50?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1534 posts
454 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
dvd5 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 7:16 pm
Well, thanks for the tip way back. So, I guess it was a nice ride. I wasn't sure when to get off the bus.

So, what happens next in cases like this? How do I realize my shares at 25.50?
Assuming 2/3 of the shareholders vote for the acquisition, just wait for the transaction to close and then the money will automatically be deposited into your account. The vote should happen in May 2017 and then the deal would close by "Q3 2017".

http://www.dh.com/news-events/press-rel ... y-partners
Dec 8, 2013
17 posts
4 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 3:37 pm
Nice! Good job!!

CBC = fake news.
Not sure about fake news, but definitely leaning more left every year. This story just seemed too eager to stick it to a 'big bad corporation'. Not one former employee (of the hundreds CBC talked to!) would put their name forward? Sounds a little fishy. Not even close to a Wells Fargo moment IMO, at least no with current info.
Nov 1, 2010
373 posts
48 upvotes
bluebumbler wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 10:29 pm
Not sure about fake news, but definitely leaning more left every year. This story just seemed too eager to stick it to a 'big bad corporation'. Not one former employee (of the hundreds CBC talked to!) would put their name forward? Sounds a little fishy. Not even close to a Wells Fargo moment IMO, at least no with current info.
Well said, but I wouldn't even give it a direction anymore, whether left or right. It's all about getting your attention (the title) and not investigating issues thoroughly once you have enough for a "shocking' story. Mind you, most reporters don't have the resources to investigate and some may just be lazy (or both). Quality investigative journalism is a dying breed (if not extinct already). Lastly, I once read somewhere that those who write articles are not the same that decide on the titles. Should that be true... scary.

As for TD, I'd be curious to know what % of sellers are Americans with an incomplete understanding of the differences between the US and Canadian banking systems.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1295 posts
215 upvotes
Those WEED.to, OGI.v and MJN.v buys looking great right now. OGI.v and WEED.to I think was a steal on the dump... the contamination was supplier caused, not by the company.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
2840 posts
442 upvotes
dlhunter wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 4:48 pm
Ackman out of VRX, duh.
Sold out his stake at $11, it's capitulation folks.
I will buy a little at $11, maybe via options - long LEAP calls and short near month
bot Jan 2018 10C, sold Apr 10P and Jul 12.5C to finance. Total $1.58 debit
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
2840 posts
442 upvotes
bot TD Jul 50P and sold 3x45P for 0.30 debit
45USD corresponds to 60CAD support I think should hold. Don't mind assignment at that level... break even 43.5
Last edited by dlhunter on Mar 14th, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1534 posts
454 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Very likely going to add to atd.b
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel