Tags:
None
Aug 4, 2014
966 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
craigslist123 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 12:52 pm
I'm not an expert but do you think it's a little overpriced because their P/E is 17.79?
But I like how they have businesses around the globe.
Other tech companies' PE is even higher (except for Open Text which I don't like for other reasons) Now that we have a non-reg account, I'm debating between selling some of the stocks which we currently own in registered accounts and replacing them with HXT in it - or keep buying individual stocks (preferably low/non-dividend payers)

When I analyzed what we already have against the index (my husband has ZCN in his TFSA), I realized it's not that bad - and somewhat similar to Rob Carrick's Two-Minute Portfolio. Not intentionally, but now that we're "almost there", maybe it makes more sense to buy stocks from the 2 sectors that we're missing, keep Financials and Energy underweight - and call it a day? :)

(I sold all remaining US individual stocks except for AT&T earlier this year, and will be indexing US and International Equities for sure. It's only Canadian Equities that make me doubt.. :))
Images
  • port.png
Nov 4, 2012
132 posts
9 upvotes
Burnaby
Lets give a round of applause to BCE. They closed the deal with MTS.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40068 posts
9405 upvotes
It is, especially for mining.

Just be careful with pumpers. Lots of helpful people but some do have vested interest because they got in so much earlier than the rest.
Sep 4, 2007
566 posts
55 upvotes
Orange Key holder in…
freilona wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:02 pm
Other tech companies' PE is even higher (except for Open Text which I don't like for other reasons) Now that we have a non-reg account, I'm debating between selling some of the stocks which we currently own in registered accounts and replacing them with HXT in it - or keep buying individual stocks (preferably low/non-dividend payers)

When I analyzed what we already have against the index (my husband has ZCN in his TFSA), I realized it's not that bad - and somewhat similar to Rob Carrick's Two-Minute Portfolio. Not intentionally, but now that we're "almost there", maybe it makes more sense to buy stocks from the 2 sectors that we're missing, keep Financials and Energy underweight - and call it a day? :)

(I sold all remaining US individual stocks except for AT&T earlier this year, and will be indexing US and International Equities for sure. It's only Canadian Equities that make me doubt.. :))
Well, it certainly depends on how much time you can devote to keeping an eye on your port. Rod has explained many times on this post why he does not use ETF. So obviously if the stock you pick fits your goal and is not risky, you can replicate the targe of certain ETFs, less the dogs. Obviously, rebalancing your port may involve trading fees that could reduce your return (depends on your brokerage).

Thank you for sharing.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2468 posts
221 upvotes
GTA
Just bought XAW to start off my complete ETF portfolio.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2241 posts
1009 upvotes
Vancouver
Added to RY position at 96.10 and BCE 57.60
Jul 10, 2007
304 posts
193 upvotes
Edmonton
Whaaaat? A business using pressure tactics and trying to upsell? I'm so surprised and appalled! Lol! This is the most blown out of proportion thing I have heard in a while. Most businesses do this. I don't understand the why this is a story. If TD actually did something illegal, then that's a story. Employees pressured to meet sales quotas or numbers is pretty much standard.
Aug 4, 2014
966 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jermyzy wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:50 pm
Just FYI, apart from the random calls from the banks which I never answer, I've never been pressured or upsold anything at the branch.
Same here :) Once a few years ago I was told by the manager about all the perks we can get with our then high-ish balance in our TD account (free safety deposit box, free USD account linked to the main one, better currency conversion rates etc.) I asked him for a printout, brought it home, reviewed it with my husband, decided we don't need anything - and that was it :)

(But later moved some money to Zenbanx accounts where conversion rates are really better - and it also pays 1.5% interest on CAD and 1% on USD lol)
Last edited by freilona on Mar 20th, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2005
809 posts
14 upvotes
Jermyzy wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:49 pm
Also added to ENB
Same.. just a small position @ $54.40/share

Watching TD, HCG and HR.UN

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

sandpaper, craigslist123