• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2018 9:52 pm
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Mar 28, 2007
2873 posts
358 upvotes
Bought a few more shares of AMZN today. Also bought some COST and PF for reversal plays.
Positive Investing!
Mar 28, 2010
157 posts
217 upvotes
vancouver
RolandCouch wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 7:38 pm
Hoping for a short term drop?
Picked up my second half at 7. Seems like biotech is last to drop in a bear market so I'm putting in orders now. Trump trade is starting to roll over. Health reform seems overhyped.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3376 posts
720 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
blackdragon12 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 4:10 pm
Bought a few more shares of AMZN today. Also bought some COST and PF for reversal plays.
Good move on COST. Feel it was overdone.

Any hint of another WFM bid [unlikely] or govt action to not allow deal [believe some state rep in CA was contemplating] and COST goes up.

Plus they are somewhat sheltered from AMZN by the goods they sell [although getting narrower]. Also does not COST make bulk of their revenue from annual fees?
Jun 28, 2016
267 posts
139 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 4:57 pm
It makes me sad, I thought I was smart buying at 26.19 :(
Your average cost is still about the same as mine. I started a little over 27, added at 26.25 and added again around 25. I've been taking $2000 nibbles, as I'm not sure how low it will go, but think any price below $28 is a good price for IPL. Ideally, I'd like to see it hit 22-23, so I can build a full ($10,000) position, but that might be wishful thinking.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40370 posts
1970 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wavelet wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 9:12 pm
Your average cost is still about the same as mine. I started a little over 27, added at 26.25 and added again around 25. I've been taking $2000 nibbles, as I'm not sure how low it will go, but think any price below $28 is a good price for IPL. Ideally, I'd like to see it hit 22-23, so I can build a full ($10,000) position, but that might be wishful thinking.
My average cost is actually higher as I've been a fan of IPL for the last 5 years. I began buying back in 2011/12, first purchase at $21.xx and kept adding all the way up until $35. I seldom trade the gap (as it gaps pretty wide for such a well-paying stock) and only recently added more at $26.19. It's not hard to see that I have more than a full position, haha.
***Frog Tape as low as 38% off retail!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Frog Tape
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5086 posts
358 upvotes
Markham
Wavelet wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 9:12 pm
Careful what you wish for...

Insiders have been buying though...hopefully their confidence carries them through this downturn
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
Feb 26, 2017
709 posts
308 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 9:21 pm
My average cost is actually higher as I've been a fan of IPL for the last 5 years. I began buying back in 2011/12, first purchase at $21.xx and kept adding all the way up until $35. I seldom trade the gap (as it gaps pretty wide for such a well-paying stock) and only recently added more at $26.19. It's not hard to see that I have more than a full position, haha.
I've owned IPL since 2010 and added to the point where its about 3x a position. My average cost is about 24 but it doesn't feel great watching it at this price after buying more in Jan and Feb.
Jun 28, 2016
267 posts
139 upvotes
charliebrown wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 9:35 pm
Careful what you wish for...
Why? In a lower for longer environment, based on Canadian and American overproduction, pipelines are the obvious play. There could be some price action based on poor sentiment, but, unless the oil sands shut down, IPL is a safe 6.5% dividend with a reasonable shot at growth in its NGL businesses. If IPL hit $20 or even $15/share on falling oil prices, I would be thrilled, as I could load right up on a fairly safe dividend approaching 10%. The only reason to ditch pipelines is if you think that demand for oil is going to rapidly decline, and all signs point to strong oil demand growth, so long as prices remain low.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1216 posts
273 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone think today was the start of a larger move in biotech? Very nice action in CELG today and even GILD ok.
Penalty Box
Mar 28, 2007
2873 posts
358 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 8:02 pm
Good move on COST. Feel it was overdone.

Any hint of another WFM bid [unlikely] or govt action to not allow deal [believe some state rep in CA was contemplating] and COST goes up.

Plus they are somewhat sheltered from AMZN by the goods they sell [although getting narrower]. Also does not COST make bulk of their revenue from annual fees?
Even if we don't hear anything against the merger, I feel Costco will recover close to its previous highs. Their technicals are strong, and fundamentally it's still the same company as a few weeks ago before this big sell off... Plus Amazon entering the space will take years to actually compete head to head with Costco. Companies like KR, TGT or WMT I'll be a bit more cautious. I feel Costco is safe, For now. As yes, I believe a majority of their revenue is from the membership.
Positive Investing!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
21616 posts
3795 upvotes
Waterloo
llpresident wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 11:14 pm
Anyone think today was the start of a larger move in biotech? Very nice action in CELG today and even GILD ok.
I'm in the "too late to the game" mindset... XBI/IBB jumped too quick too fast in a week. on what? possible less-damaging Trump policy? sector rotation?
XBI, a sector ETF, had 3 days of +3~4%...seriously

I hope one day Oil can have this breakout also :D it took 2 years for Biotech to recover and GILD is nowhere near $100 either...
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1216 posts
273 upvotes
Ontario
jerryhung wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 12:08 am
I'm in the "too late to the game" mindset... XBI/IBB jumped too quick too fast in a week. on what? possible less-damaging Trump policy? sector rotation?
XBI, a sector ETF, had 3 days of +3~4%...seriously

I hope one day Oil can have this breakout also :D it took 2 years for Biotech to recover and GILD is nowhere near $100 either...
GILD is way off as you noted. But maybe that means it has a lot of room to run? I've been impatiently waiting now for some time. Not all bio is in the basement. CELG is at a 52 wk high or close. I think it's sector rotation and a "catch up". No reason for the stocks to still be down post Hillary fail.

Oil has good reason to be down
Mar 17, 2016
643 posts
435 upvotes
Anyone looking into Staples? There is a lot of talk of then getting bought out soon. Shares are up 6% on rumours alone. Not sure whether to jump on this or not.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5246 posts
1713 upvotes
Thornhill
Sold remaining 1/2 position in Equitable Group Inc. (EQB.TO) @ $60.11C