Tags:
None
Aug 16, 2015
141 posts
12 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:26 pm
Rate hike
doesn't add up. US has had several rate hikes already. They're .5% higher than us and oil is in the toilet.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10000 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
kilburn305 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 1:41 am
doesn't add up. US has had several rate hikes already. They're .5% higher than us and oil is in the toilet.
Sure, but the sentiment and psychology of the first hike in many years has a bigger impact than others of the same percentage IMO. In 2015 when the US toyed with the idea of a rate hike and went ahead the gap in USD CAD widened dramatically as well (yes I know there are other factors at play)
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3185 posts
510 upvotes
sold short HTZ (small) @14.56

shorted ES @2443 - stop above ATH

TSLA Jul 330P bot back and sold Aug 360C instead (from 56 long deltas to 26 negative)

edit: sold half SLF @47.05
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Feb 7, 2014
402 posts
19 upvotes
Looking to start a position in T but not sure .. the damn thing keeps going down .. VZ has been holding alright for past few days although not sure if the bottom is in for the US Telecoms. Watching :rolleyes:
Mar 17, 2016
367 posts
257 upvotes
darkcloud8282 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 1:54 pm
Sold NVDA.
I thought about getting in yesterday at 158 but decided not to. Too expensive, not sure how much more room it has atm.

Bought COST instead at 152
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3790 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
DuDe1411 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 2:51 pm
AMD!
I think I still have an email-alert set at AMD=$5 from seemingly not too long ago.... sigh...
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
1528 posts
507 upvotes
The NORTH
greg123 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 10:05 pm
are you long on aim.to? what do you think the target price is before end of 2019?
I am long in my TFSA but don't know what the price will be heading into 2020. I have already posted in the aim thread that Aeroplan's problem is only domestic, they should easily gain access to SkyTeam through thier existing partnerships, they already have Asian connections in place. What is the plan for Domestic? No one has air Canada's footprint but do they NEED air Canada's footprint? Westjet has said they are not interested so what's next? If I'm Aimia I'm looking at retention, can I service 60%-70% of my flights with Porter? Porter has marketed themselves as a premium brand, so has Aeroplan... If Porter added 3 routes, Toronto to Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton, does that put Aimia at 90-95% coverage for what customers have been purchasing for domestic flights? Would $700 million in purchasing power help Porter expand to those 3 routes? Who knows....

Aimia only problem right now is who will carry their domestic travel. I think if they do partner with Porter and Porter adds those 3 flights, air Canada is shooting themselves in the foot. A Premium branded Aeroplan/Porter might be an easier pull for the domestic business traveler than air canada's new plan, especially if that travler is already using an Aeroplan card.

But that is all speculation.
greg123 wrote:
how much would it take for you to sell?
From my TFSA position? I believe the consensus price is still north of $5.50 and there was an Morningstar report eariler in the week concluding that it is under value... I see value every in the company and would start looking for an exit around the $5.50 mark.

In my RRSP I am flipping for 5¢ to 10¢ daily gains in the price range it's in. I don't see anymore downside before the Q2 results as it's had as much bad news as there is to have. If I see a pattern of an open drop of <6¢ on low volume for the first 1.5 hours then I grab $40k worth of stock. Put in a sell order for that stock on a limit price of 10¢ above where I bought. Evaluate through out lunch on volume and if volume is building I'll leave my sell order, if volume is not then I lower my sell order depending on volume. It's strictly a day trade but it's worked for me 3 out of 3 times so far.
greg123 wrote:
do you forsee the price going back to pre-AC announcement if they can sign with a big airline?
No, I can't see a situation where that happens. They can't sign a big airline domesticly as that would be air Canada. They can triage and look to service as many of thier members as possible but honestly who are they gonna partner with to fly out of Remosky or Sault Ste Marie or Langley... Aeroplan is a Canadian brand, they have no issue with international partnerships, it's strictly domestic at this point. They can't get back to pre air Canada stock pricing without air Canada.

Just remember that Aimia the company has assets outside Aeroplan but Aeroplan has no branding outside Canada. It's an interesting trade one to look at.
Feb 26, 2017
300 posts
80 upvotes
Bought UPS and added some BCE. After buying UPS I now have stocks in all the market sectors.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2569 posts
455 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Got some HD, sold FB; investment and trading accts
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
1528 posts
507 upvotes
The NORTH
Bought 40,000 AIM @ $1.65. I had the buy order in on Friday morning, watched it till lunch but then life happened and I forget it was there. Checked my account this morning to find that it had triggered. LOL

Sell order put in for $1.75 and will monitor till lunch. Will dial back if needed.

-= Lunch Edit =- No volume today.... Getting nervous that there hasn't been a start to the upside.
Last edited by kr0zet on Jul 17th, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4031 posts
866 upvotes
Thornhill
Bought full position in Blue Apron Holdings Inc (NYSE:APRN) for intra-day trade as it's now impossible to borrow shares to short (there's none left) @ 6.6386 U

Sell on Stop set @ $6.80 to cap gain for the day

FIlled @ $6.80
Last edited by Jeenyus1 on Jul 17th, 2017 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

Chance7652, zinger9, Jeenyus1, texedomel