Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3092 posts
492 upvotes
Altera wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 6:57 pm
What are your thoughts on Equifax given the snafu they're currently in? ... Stock was down ~ -13% today.
140M accounts effected and only down 13%? It goes down to 100
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3092 posts
492 upvotes
Gungnir wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 1:33 pm
I wonder if it will trigger the US to level the place. Apparently they've been doing training bombing runs with their F-35 stealth jets in co-ordination with South Korea. That would really send things down.. :(
I hope not. This is all about China. US is not going to do anything as first strike doesn't prevent retaliation. Stakes are too high for yanks to bite...
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2385 posts
387 upvotes
dlhunter wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 12:12 pm
working orders
GE @ 23.65 (filled)
KR @ 19.98
M @ 20.71
T @ 35.05

expecting modest sell off by the close (NK supposed to fire missile on Sat, anxiety to take hold)
Great divvy on M but probably not sustainable so buying for M for turnaround story or possible buyout? Their real estate must be worth much more then present price reflects.

For T buying for divvy or some other reason?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3092 posts
492 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 5:49 pm
Great divvy on M but probably not sustainable so buying for M for turnaround story or possible buyout? Their real estate must be worth much more then present price reflects.

For T buying for divvy or some other reason?
T for divvy, M for its coming REIT. Sum of the parts worth more than current valuation, imo.
Dec 2, 2014
368 posts
102 upvotes
London, ON
dlhunter wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:40 pm
I plan to buy half near 95 (200 ma). DIS failed to make new high, meaning we could see mid 70s for the floor
Oh yeah? I'll wait then that would be sick AF
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1831 posts
253 upvotes
GTA
CGX might be a good stock to get in to now for this upcoming quarter....... anyone hear about the IT box office? They smashed it!

A Monopoly and oversold by the markets imo.... Look at AIM. The drop and now its back up on a nice trend again. CGX is a monopoly... they will come back. Sure there's the online competition but i mean looking at the millennial group including myself... seeing it in movies with friends and the experience you get is just a lot better.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
1948 posts
30 upvotes
imflying12 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 9:47 am
CGX might be a good stock to get in to now for this upcoming quarter....... anyone hear about the IT box office? They smashed it!

A Monopoly and oversold by the markets imo.... Look at AIM. The drop and now its back up on a nice trend again. CGX is a monopoly... they will come back. Sure there's the online competition but i mean looking at the millennial group including myself... seeing it in movies with friends and the experience you get is just a lot better.
I'm long Cineplex but I doubt one movie (or ten) is going to make or break Cineplex's quarter. They have lingering doubts from the community about the viability of their business model. My own thoughts are, that the diversification they are engaged in will pan out. People like experiences, and I think they are on the right track. But I'm not sold on the movie business side of things for the foreseeable future.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1831 posts
253 upvotes
GTA
Izzoshady wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:23 am
I'm long Cineplex but I doubt one movie (or ten) is going to make or break Cineplex's quarter. They have lingering doubts from the community about the viability of their business model. My own thoughts are, that the diversification they are engaged in will pan out. People like experiences, and I think they are on the right track. But I'm not sold on the movie business side of things for the foreseeable future.
Exactly, the experience is what the millennial group wants. Being a millennial myself, in my social group (whether it be close friends or co workers) - its always go out, eat, drink and have fun. CGX is doing that right now.. i just like the fact that they are a monopoly in this area
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1671 posts
26 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
imflying12 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:30 am
Exactly, the experience is what the millennial group wants. Being a millennial myself, in my social group (whether it be close friends or co workers) - its always go out, eat, drink and have fun. CGX is doing that right now.. i just like the fact that they are a monopoly in this area
I disagree that they are a monopoly in any space, other than the Movie scene. Going out, eating, drinking, and having fun can be had anywhere. Their claim to fame is the movie theatre.
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Dec 3, 2014
913 posts
161 upvotes
I think we've sufficiently debated CGX previously so I won't wade into this other then to note it still has a 32 P/E even after being taken to the cleaners. IMO, there's a good chance this remains a falling knife. On the other hand it does seem to have levelled off last week or so.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3092 posts
492 upvotes
bot M @ 21.44 average. 50-60% so far.
Feb 7, 2014
393 posts
19 upvotes
hi folks,

Anyone here invested in construction ETFs like ITB. Any thoughts? Some rebuilding needs to happen after the strong hurricane season plus if the 'border wall' goes through, there is bound to be a up tick in the construction sector.
Dec 3, 2014
913 posts
161 upvotes
Flowerp wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:00 pm
hi folks,

Anyone here invested in construction ETFs like ITB. Any thoughts? Some rebuilding needs to happen after the strong hurricane season plus if the 'border wall' goes through, there is bound to be a up tick in the construction sector.
I like it in theory. It is up 27% YTD, but an 18 PE isn't that bad at the moment. Yield is nearly non-existent but this would be a trade anyway so who cares. I don't know a whole lot about the underlying equities. I see that DR Horton, Lennar and NVR make up 32% of the ETF.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4042 posts
1099 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Izzoshady wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:23 am
The movie side gets them customer volume for them to sell their money-makers to (beer/wine/cider at Cineplex now? I have to try this out). It's so hard finding an actual Canadian statistic, but attendance being down this summer (when CGX has 70% theatre market share) can't be good for selling pop & popcorn, compared to a quarter with a few good movies.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1792 posts
576 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thinking about a new position in CARA