Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11481 posts
458 upvotes

What is the difference between...

...roasting a live puppy on a BBQ and steaming a live lobster?
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7029 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
One is cute and can vocalize pain. Lobsters have a pretty sophisticated nervous system apparently.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
1850 posts
9 upvotes
I think the meat is tougher when cooked from a live state... it's more tender after slaughter because it starts breaking down.

I saw a documentary once on my ancestors, who were/are cannibals... and they actually scientifically documented that human meat is more tender that way. My grandfather actually had a fork from the natives which was designed for human flesh.

I'm suprised it's not a delicacy yet... people seem to eat anything under the sun nowadays...especially in Asian countries. Don't they cook rats from a live state out in China now??
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10390 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga
This is messed up...you're talking about roasting puppies....messed...

EDIT: Wait a minute: is this some sort of vegan propaganda? Respect to those who can survive only eating vegetables, but seriously, accept that eating meat is part of nature for humans, and that its not WRONG to do so.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1526 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
One taste good and the other one has a shell.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15498 posts
1446 upvotes
GTA
danfromwaterloo wrote:This is messed up...you're talking about roasting puppies....messed...

EDIT: Wait a minute: is this some sort of vegan propaganda? Respect to those who can survive only eating vegetables, but seriously, accept that eating meat is part of nature for humans, and that its not WRONG to do so.

That's his point. He's trying to make you think that roasting puppies is just as wrong as steaming lobsters... He's prolly right but I'm anti-vegetarianism... so I disregard these comments.

I believe that plants and fruit also has a life and deserves its chance to live. Therefore I refuse to eat any veggies or fruits unless I absolutely have to for my own survival. If I had the choice between destroying plants for food and having compassion for all living things, I would choose compassion and not kill the plant.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1696 posts
13 upvotes
roasting a puppy = burning fur and flesh

steaming a lobster = kitchen smells like ocean
Heatware: 40-0-0
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
11979 posts
282 upvotes
Puppies have big beautiful eyes and can at least be visualised playing with children. Lobsters aren't cute, so therefore we've decided that we can destroy them at will.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10388 posts
636 upvotes
Vancouver
I imagine the fur on the puppy would complicate matters if you threw one on the grill. Can scientists really know if lobsters feel pain? I'm sure they do.

Besides the point, but boiling lobsters is such a boring way to cook 'em. They'd taste a lot better sauteed, grilled, or baked.
Jun 20, 2004
893 posts
16 upvotes
deep wrote:Puppies have big beautiful eyes and can at least be visualised playing with children. Lobsters aren't cute, so therefore we've decided that we can destroy them at will.
guess you didn't see that episode of the simpsons when homers get a lobster.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6565 posts
244 upvotes
mbg wrote:...roasting a live puppy on a BBQ and steaming a live lobster?
I haven't found a place I can go to that will let me pick out a puppy and BBQ it live for me. Lobster you can done all over.

Not really much difference. Same kind of thing that some people think eating dog is somehow bad, or "worse" than eating cow.
Nov 20, 2002
864 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
I have found that the puppy is much more difficult to keep on the cooking surface... they tend to try to run off. I guess if you closed the lid that would work alot better, but then it is hard to see if it is burning or not. Plus, cooking live puppies often means that the fur gets all burnt and it leaves a bad taste in the meat. So moral of the story is that lobster is much more tasty and much easier to plunk them into boiling water! :lol:
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12292 posts
3321 upvotes
Ottawa
mrlarouc wrote:Plus, cooking live puppies often means that the fur gets all burnt and it leaves a bad taste in the meat. So moral of the story is that lobster is much more tasty and much easier to plunk them into boiling water! :lol:
The burning fur is a big rookie mistake. Amateur!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5227 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
Immortal wrote:One taste good and the other one has a shell.
rofl i dont know if anyone else got that lol