Automotive

What the difference Between 2005 & 2006 Nissan maxima?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2005 2:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10409 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto

What the difference Between 2005 & 2006 Nissan maxima?

What the difference Between 2005 & 2006 Nissan maxima beside price, is the body, frame, parts, looks all the same?? any major differences??
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
9 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
only difference is in terms of options, it now has bluetooth, sideview mirrors automatically aim down in reverse, steering wheel audio controls, satellite radio and improved navagation interface

other than that, its pretty much the same car as the '05
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
man I drove one of those new Maxima's at work the other day, BALLS BALLS BALLS is all I can say. Excellent vechile you will be very happy!
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
I have an '05 Maxima. It's a great car. No troubles so far. *knock on wood*
Oct 10, 2001
55 posts
12 upvotes
Sudbury
I drove in my bosses the other day at work. Lots of power and options but I wasn't impressed with the interior quality. IMO it didn't look like it would hold up well. Sweet car though!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10409 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
Bordello wrote:I have an '05 Maxima. It's a great car. No troubles so far. *knock on wood*
ohh nice to hear from fellow drivers here!

is your car leather interior?

MAN}only difference is in terms of options, it now has bluetooth, sideview mirrors automatically aim down in reverse, steering wheel audio controls, satellite radio and improved navagation interface other than that, its pretty much the same car as the '05 [/QUOTE wrote:
humm Bluetooth is any option thats not too worried about, sideview mirrors that move when backing up,, I'd think I'll stick to moving my head lookiing around when I back up. audio controls.. its okay don't mind if I have them or not.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
yeah, nothing that is really a deal-breaker that makes the '06 better... all relatively minor things

Maximas are nice.... but again the issue of torque steer comes up, r u in the market for one?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4566 posts
1184 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
Aren't maximas RWD?
Nov 5, 2005
181 posts
7 upvotes
No..Maxima's from '85 onwards switched to FWD.

I've been keeping an eye on the used '04's for awhile, since I own a 4th gen currently and would like to stay with Nissan. However, it's really hard to find a 6spd in the colour I prefer, which is the issue with buying used. I've also looked at the 04 Acura TL, which has some great features and can also be had with the 6spd. I would actually prefer a used G35, but there is absolutely nothing that thrills me about the looks of the 4-dr. I'll continue looking, no rush here as I'll be a little more serious in the spring. If anyone cares, here are the pro's & cons that I can see between the two cars:

TL (04+) -
Pro
- Nice interior
- Audio is great
- brembo brakes (6spd)
- Good looking inside & out
- Excellent engine & tranny (6spd)
- Not as much torque steer

Con
- Not as much torque :)
- Smaller interior
- No fold down rear seat
- Some owners complain of rattles
- Timing belt has to be replaced @160K I think
- $3K+ more than Max (deals can be found on the used 6spds)

Max (04+)

Pro
- Great looking car especially from the back
- Great VQ engine
- [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=64]Bose[/rfdlink] stereo's pretty good
- Heated steering wheel
- Fold down rear seats
- Spacious interior
- No timing belt to be replaced

Cons

- too much torque steer
- early models may have suspect quality
- not too much into suede on top of the doors
- Overall interior not as nice as TL

any thoughts?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
:arrowu: I think the interiors of the Maximas look nice (subjective). The build quality is great. Keep in mind that Acura and Nissan aren't exactly in a level playing field. Acura and Infinity is a better match.
akito925 wrote:ohh nice to hear from fellow drivers here!

is your car leather interior?
It sure is.