Green / Eco-Friendly

Locked: What to do with Dog owner that do not pick up poop?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2017 4:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1057 posts
102 upvotes
Burlington
FreddyDriver wrote:
Sep 14th, 2014 5:10 pm
95% of problems go away on their own.
Well... the poop itself does decompose over time! :D

Unfortunately, the thoughtless owners seem to go on forever... at least the ones in my neighbourhood that walk their dogs off-leash and think it's okay to let said dogs leave 'presents' in my yard. :evil:

Don't get me wrong: I love dogs. Many of the clueless folks that own 'em... not so much. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2623 posts
155 upvotes
It's full of nutrients no? Can't u cook it into a cake?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4581 posts
816 upvotes
Markham
CenturyBreak wrote:
Sep 15th, 2014 8:54 am
Well... the poop itself does decompose over time! :D

Unfortunately, the thoughtless owners seem to go on forever... at least the ones in my neighbourhood that walk their dogs off-leash and think it's okay to let said dogs leave 'presents' in my yard. :evil:

Don't get me wrong: I love dogs. Many of the clueless folks that own 'em... not so much. :facepalm:
"thoughtless owners seem to go on forever" -> unfortunately they don't seem to read the owners manual. There are also owners who let their dogs out at 6am or earlier and the dog is outside barking away or owners who "play" with the dogs when neighbous are outside. It's rampant disregard to people around them that drives me nuts.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3566 posts
442 upvotes
Aurora
Not to hijack the thread but...inconsiderate owners who think everyone loooves dogs and brings them to the kindergarten pick-up where the multiple dogs start going mental at each other, pulling on their leashes and barking their heads off. Adorable!
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Oct 8, 2014
34 posts
Nepean, ON
The most appropriate thing to do is to knock on their door. Immediately explain who you are and where you live and politely ask him not to let his dog on your lawn whatsoever. Don't give him an ounce of wiggle room; no "Please pick up your dog crap"; tell him straight up, No dogs on my lawn, ever.
I'm only assuming you know where buddy lives... You know his dog type, and he must live close. If he doesn't care enough about the responsibilities of owning a dog then I'm sure he only walks him for like 10 minutes every day. That's an assumption though.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1057 posts
102 upvotes
Burlington
^ Sorry... there's no way of telling whose dogs they are.

We don't stand at the windows 24 hours a day to keep watch... and don't plan to! :lol:
Jan 17, 2009
24 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
CenturyBreak wrote:
Nov 9th, 2014 9:19 am
^ Sorry... there's no way of telling whose dogs they are.

We don't stand at the windows 24 hours a day to keep watch... and don't plan to! :lol:
As a dog owner, can I tell you the sure fire way to keep my dog off your lawn? Sign up for lawn pesticide applications. The second I see one of those little signs on a lawn, I'm not going to risk the health of my dog to go near your lawn. In acknowledgement of the other poster who indicates they don't let their dogs on lawns ever, I do respect that, unfortunately we have been facing a lot of paw health issues this past year and asphalt or cement has been very painful for the pup, so am trying to compromise on both ends between dog and neighbours!

On the same theme, if you engage with shouting and yelling, I also black list your house, not out of respect for you or your lawn, but out of fear for my person and my pet (I don't know if you will assault me, or leave poison out for my dog in the future). If someones starting point is anger, there isn't a lot of room for them to escalate safely. Now all that to say, if you engage me in a polite and respectful manner, I guarantee you I will reciprocate. Now I suppose I also just told you that politeness or anger gets you the same result, however one fosters a healthy neighbourhood and the other is one based on fear and honestly a concern regarding the mental health and stability of the people down the street.
Jan 22, 2008
474 posts
26 upvotes
20 years ago my family's townhouse got a new neighbor with a dog and couldn't be bothered to walk it out for it's morning poop. instead they opened the door and gave it just enough leash to cross over to our lawn and drop it's turds there. For a few weeks nobody in the house witnessed this, only that the front lawn and enterance seemed to smell increasingly like manure. My parents were too busy to notice and I got up a little later for school so i missed it. Eventually it was my grandfather who hung around the window and observed their daily ritual.

Once I heard this and verified it myself, I went out with a dustbin & small gardening shovel, scooped up about 4 dustbins full of droppings and piled them up on their doorstep, lined a few along their front window frame and a couple in the mailbox for good measure. That took care of it, no further communication required. Forced myself to get up early for a couple of weeks and stand in the window keeping watch - and indeed they were taking the dog to the nearest tree.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5041 posts
939 upvotes
Whitby
Put on latex gloves, pick up the dog crap and smear it under the dog owners car door handle after dark. Doubt you would have to do it twice, the dog owner deals with that one morning and picking up after his dog won't seem so inconvenient by comparison.
Jul 27, 2017
46 posts
34 upvotes
Put up a sign saying " Please pick up your own dog poop as there is no poop fairy here!"
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4728 posts
2306 upvotes
Edmonton
dealhunter29 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 4:05 pm
Put up a sign saying " Please pick up your own dog poop as there is no poop fairy here!"
You opened up a 3 year old poop thread for that?

C