Careers

What do you believe the average salary is in Canada?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 7:21 pm

Poll: What do you believe the average salary is in Canada?

  • Total votes: 101. You have voted on this poll.
$30,000
 
2
2%
$40,000
 
23
23%
$50,000
 
36
36%
$60,000
 
16
16%
$70,000
 
5
5%
$60,000
 
3
3%
$70,000
 
5
5%
$80,000
 
5
5%
$90,000
 
0
0%
$100,000+
 
6
6%
[OP]
Member
Jul 21, 2019
305 posts
597 upvotes

What do you believe the average salary is in Canada?

As title says, what do you actually believe it is? All the stats websites I look at have different answers, the last one said the average was $189,000, which there is absolutely no way.
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 23, 2007
9321 posts
582 upvotes
Mississauga
Everyone on RFD makes minimum 100k
RFD 39-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
3682 posts
1110 upvotes
Parry Sound
Canada wide, the average income for those between 25-54 years old is around $65k while the median is around $55k.

This information is publicly available via statcan.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Jr. Member
Apr 22, 2015
190 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
MayorOfToronto wrote: Canada wide, the average income for those between 25-54 years old is around $65k while the median is around $55k.

This information is publicly available via statcan.
i think those numbers are 10k too high
Newbie
Apr 12, 2018
2 posts
Montreal
Just looked at statcan website using the following filters: 2017(earliest available), 25-54, both sexes, annual income.
Average is 54,800$, median is 44,500$
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
3682 posts
1110 upvotes
Parry Sound
snowcow wrote:
i think those numbers are 10k too high
matg8211 wrote: Just looked at statcan website using the following filters: 2017(earliest available), 25-54, both sexes, annual income.
Average is 54,800$, median is 44,500$
My numbers are based on males rather than both sexes. $52,700 median and $63,900 average.

For females only, it's $37,400 median and $44,200 average.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5705 posts
1265 upvotes
Markham
MayorOfToronto wrote:


My numbers are based on males rather than both sexes. $52,700 median and $63,900 average.

For females only, it's $37,400 median and $44,200 average.
OP doesn't ask by gender and you didn't disclose it, so your answer was wrong:)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
3682 posts
1110 upvotes
Parry Sound
smartie wrote: OP doesn't ask by gender and you didn't disclose it, so your answer was wrong:)
OP doesn't believe in the stats and wants our opinions on it so no answer is wrong.

Except your post. Your post is wrong.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2017
621 posts
256 upvotes
snowcow wrote: i think those numbers are 10k too high
Given this is probably based on tax information, it's at least 10k too low. Effectively even more given the unreported income is after tax monies.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
31765 posts
2917 upvotes
Winnipeg
the number looks about right to me
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2065 posts
1532 upvotes
Brandon26 wrote: As title says, what do you actually believe it is? All the stats websites I look at have different answers, the last one said the average was $189,000, which there is absolutely no way.
Are you including retirees and students or disabled ? Only those working FT or PT too? Those of all education levels or only bachelor or above?

Median salary for those working FT in 2019 with a degree was 90k in Ontario based on tax filer data adjusted to 2019 from 2016

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-rece ... 24-eng.cfm

Obviously if lower education, income is lower and likewise if not working FT

Top