• Aug 4th, 2007 9:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 16, 2003
351 posts
Calgary, AB

what do you buy from sears?

I wonder what do you guys usually buy from Sears, mostly the appliances or furniture, right? Are they competitive price w/ other store. I found they stuff is just over price and so so quality, especially their clothes are ugly and expensive.
Hot deal doesn't mean the cheapest thing in the world. It means a good price for what you get!
13 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
1850 posts
9 upvotes
tonylau wrote:
Aug 1st, 2007 12:03 am
I wonder what do you guys usually buy from Sears, mostly the appliances or furniture, right? Are they competitive price w/ other store. I found they stuff is just over price and so so quality, especially their clothes are ugly and expensive.
They sell the same clothes as other stores sell..??? Levis, Hilfiger, Boss, etc etc.

We bought all our appliances from them for 2 reasons, they priced matched and then beat our lowest quote by 10% without us asking and secondly, they don't outsource their delivery or service people. I would say in this day and age, Sears service leads the industry norms.

Haven't bought furniture from them.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1191 posts
22 upvotes
We have recently purchased all new appliances from them (fridge,stove,D/W,W/D) as well as new furniture for our home (leather Natuzzi, bedroom furniture, etc...) The quality, warranty, and customer service has been great...we looked at many other places and ended up going back to Sears every time. I personally don't shop at Sears for clothes or other items for the most part. Their toys sections are overpriced though. Hubby has bought lots of tools, garage door opener, etc... and we've never had a problem with those items either.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
I had the worst shopping experience at Sears.

I needed a new mattress and bed frame-know nothing about them, so didn't have a budget either cuz i didn't know about the pricing.

I get to Sears ask the guy about different mattresses and to explain to me the differences, warranty ect..

After about 5 minutes the saleperson looks at his watch and says his lunch break is starting now and that he will be back when he is done and the other person there can help me.

The lost a $1,000+ sale on that one.

Another time buying a whole set of appliances. Went to the Bay first the guy there is super helpful-spends a lot of time explaining stuff and writing out a quote. I tell him I want to check sears first, just to compare what they have.

I get to Sears and the person working there would not price match the bay as all my quotes were $400-500 less per item that Sears, so they told me to take my business to the store that gave me the quote.

I never buy anything at Sears because of that!

The bay was very helpful and even threw in extra warranty :)
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2004
2480 posts
40 upvotes
Ontario
Steeve Urkel wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2007 5:36 am
I had the worst shopping experience at Sears.
I'd argue that that's hardly the worst shopping experience anywhere, but then again, I do admit that unmotivated sales people irk me as well.
Heatware: 60-0-0
May 10, 2007
807 posts
30 upvotes
Thornhill
Went last Friday during their clearance.
Van Hueson Golf Shirt
Mike Weir Golf Shirt
Arnold Palmer Golf Shirt.

All for $40 Taxes included.
I know your thinking crappy styles, but I work downtown and I wear them to work and fit right in with the suits, so they are not crappy Golf Shirts...
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18167 posts
126 upvotes
GTA
I think their appliances are decently priced and the selection is there (compared to other big retailers like Brick and The Bay). Our last stove/fridge/dishwasher/bed were purchased from there (using gift cards of course). We also shop there for clothing, linen, and basic home stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
Appliances, jackets and shoes ... when I'm too tired to go shopping so I just do it online!
Nov 7, 2006
470 posts
13 upvotes
Clothes at their yonge/dundas location...they have the brands they don't have at other Sears...and their sales apply to all the brands (got a Mexx sweater for 40% off at Sears while still for $90 at the Mexx store)

nothing else really...
May 15, 2007
536 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
The few times I shop at Sears is for women's intimates (e.g. Calvin Klein), and household items such as bath towels and small kitchen gadgets. They often have those 40%-60% off sales, especially on their clearance merchandise. You can usually get a good bargain when these sales are on (e.g. on luggage, Christmas supplies after the holiday season etc.).
Feb 22, 2006
418 posts
2 upvotes
TIRES!

BECAUSE REAL AMERICAN MEN BUY THEIR TIRES FROM SEARS!

:rolleyes:
Dec 30, 2005
951 posts
15 upvotes
gzajay wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2007 4:36 pm
Clothes at their yonge/dundas location...they have the brands they don't have at other Sears....
Yup, not all Sears stores are created equal. The one at yonge/dundas in Toronto is much, much better than stores elsewhere. Even Sears in decent sized cities like London are nowhere close to being as good.

I shop in the shoe department at yonge/dundas - they carry brand name shoes that aren't carried by the store in London. I've gotten two pairs of Nine West shoes for under $20 each!!!!
[OP]
Aug 16, 2003
351 posts
Calgary, AB
weales wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2007 9:56 pm
TIRES!

BECAUSE REAL AMERICAN MEN BUY THEIR TIRES FROM SEARS!

:rolleyes:
Sears US is much better in comparison to Sears CA. In sate they are one of the biggest retailer store, with so many selection to choose, not here in canada.
Hot deal doesn't mean the cheapest thing in the world. It means a good price for what you get!