Off Topic Archive

Locked: what do you do if someone parks in front of your driveway?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2011 4:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
528 upvotes

what do you do if someone parks in front of your driveway?

if someone parks in front of your driveway blocking your cars from going in and out what recourse do you have?

if i call the police would they give a fine? is there some towing companies you can call to have the car removed?

came back home and some clown in a caravan parked in front of my driveway.> :(
Share:
52 replies
May 27, 2007
15656 posts
3055 upvotes
Toronto
packardbell wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 7:57 pm
if someone parks in front of your driveway blocking your cars from going in and out what recourse do you have?

if i call the police would they give a fine? is there some towing companies you can call to have the car removed?

have you tried calling a towing company like Abrams?
ask them to remove the car and bill the owner.

or give Parking Enforcement a call.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2898 posts
2 upvotes
use a key
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2011
1281 posts
89 upvotes
Nowhere
AcidBomber wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 8:03 pm

Yea... call a tow company to tow a car on public property...

You call 311 (usually city services line) and put in a complaint and bylaw/parking enforcement will give it a ticket and/or tow if requested.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
6342 posts
422 upvotes
6ix
Slash the tires then call parking enforcement :twisted:
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23349 posts
1452 upvotes
Markham
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 8:25 pm
Slash the tires then call parking enforcement :twisted:

Do it for the lulz
Jun 28, 2007
116 posts
2 upvotes
AcidBomber wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 8:03 pm

Do you have any experience using Abrams?
I'm facing similar problem like OP, we have an outdoor private parking spot that keeps getting parked by random visitors who either don't give a damn or too stupid to read the sign or marked number on the ground. Our condo management told me to call a towing company when this happens, but the towing company wants ME to pay first ($50 or something) by putting down my credit card number in case the car drives away before they arrive. And in most cases, the tow truck is not close by and won't be here any time soon.

This is extremely frustrating because we the owner of the parking spot (who paid big premium for it BTW), have to pay for other people's wrong doing. Anyone got any good idea to deal a$$holes like this? Open for suggestion.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9208 posts
416 upvotes
Markham
Wait, we don't snitch on RFD right? :lol:

But yeah call parking enforcement!
:lol:
May 27, 2007
15656 posts
3055 upvotes
Toronto
sunset_orange wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 8:54 pm
Do you have any experience using Abrams?
I'm facing similar problem like OP, we have an outdoor private parking spot that keeps getting parked by random visitors who either don't give a damn or too stupid to read the sign or marked number on the ground. Our condo management told me to call a towing company when this happens, but the towing company wants ME to pay first ($50 or something) by putting down my credit card number in case the car drives away before they arrive. And in most cases, the tow truck is not close by and won't be here any time soon.

This is extremely frustrating because we the owner of the parking spot (who paid big premium for it BTW), have to pay for other people's wrong doing. Anyone got any good idea to deal a$$holes like this? Open for suggestion.

i dont have any experience using Abrams personally, but they are under contract to the Toronto Police/Parking Enforcement. so i would trust them more than other shady towing companies...

call them and ask. if they want you to pay a fee first, then call parking enforcement (416-808-6600)/TPS non-emergency line (416-808-2222).
RedFlagDeals.com
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
528 upvotes
i LMAO when my buddy told me to chain and lock the car. Just wondering the legality of this, if it was china it should be ok but in canada who knows? :cheesygri
May 27, 2007
15656 posts
3055 upvotes
Toronto
packardbell wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 9:19 pm
i LMAO when my buddy told me to chain and lock the car. Just wondering the legality of this, if it was china it should be ok but in canada who knows? :cheesygri

its illegal to block driveways (by-law infraction).
RedFlagDeals.com
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3434 posts
86 upvotes
Halton
Do people honestly park like this? :|
Enjoy Life
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7487 posts
329 upvotes
Canada
knock on both your neighbour's doors and ask if they know the car, otherwise get it towed.
He died for me, I live for him
youtube videos are not allowed in signatures (links or embeds)
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
3397 posts
263 upvotes
Markham
packardbell wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 7:57 pm

just look for balloons and see who's having the birthday party, then pull out bozo the clown and tell him to move his caravan, its pretty simple :)
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
10777 posts
789 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dress the car with a carton of X-Large eggs. :cheesygri
Don't argue with THEM, get EVEN!! ;) :D

RFD's member NewEgg experience
× < >