Shopping Discussion

What do you do with your Aeroplan miles?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2010 12:03 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: What do you do with your Aeroplan miles?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1308 posts
404 upvotes
Canada
seems like a lot of people are just redeeming for gc which are below the 'real' value of the aeroplan miles..
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2006
4569 posts
70 upvotes
Oakville
what reward card you guys have? and how long is the expiry for points usually?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1308 posts
404 upvotes
Canada
M.D. wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 9:12 pm
what reward card you guys have? and how long is the expiry for points usually?
I redeemed for a HBC GC - 2 years expiry (but that's because I am in BC - if you are in MB or ON, yours should not expire at all)

Points expire 7 years from the day they were earned - but you need to keep your account active every year or they will take them away...
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
64 upvotes
cahk wrote:
Aug 30th, 2008 8:38 pm
seems like a lot of people are just redeeming for gc which are below the 'real' value of the aeroplan miles..
although I think GC's are a real ripoff compared to their potential value on flight rewards, it's still better to see members redeeming their miles for something rather than letting their miles expire worthless.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
275 upvotes
HighFlyer wrote:
Aug 31st, 2008 12:37 am
although I think GC's are a real ripoff compared to their potential value on flight rewards, it's still better to see members redeeming their miles for something rather than letting their miles expire worthless.
i fill up my gas in esso or buy a bottle of tropicana to keep the account active...but for peoeple like me who are not frequent flyer...it takes forever to accumulate enough points for flight
;)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2005
1239 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
molala wrote:
Aug 31st, 2008 10:34 am
i fill up my gas in esso or buy a bottle of tropicana to keep the account active...but for peoeple like me who are not frequent flyer...it takes forever to accumulate enough points for flight
just so you realize, as pointed out above, that even if you keep the account as a whole active, every mile in it expires 7 years after being acquired.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42354 posts
3041 upvotes
Richmond Hill
buyways wrote:
Jul 20th, 2010 11:49 am
just so you realize, as pointed out above, that even if you keep the account as a whole active, every mile in it expires 7 years after being acquired.
And I believe this was implemented recently - what a joke! I only fly every couple years :(
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $30***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback