Food & Drink

What do you eat when you have the midnight munchies?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2012 4:10 pm
Tags:
None
94 replies
May 29, 2012
743 posts
40 upvotes
MAPLE RIDGE
Back in the old days, McDonalds or ice cream. Or I make myself an omlette and/or eggs

Now in the recent years I've developed something that tends to turn whatever I eat after 8pm approx. into fat (i.e. my cheeks will inflate in a few days) so I try to eat nothing or only very light foods such as half an apple after 6-7pm..
UBC Year 3 BA Student: Major in Mathematics
Unrealistic dream :cry: : Law school...
Goal: Pursue a MA in Economics and a designation- CFA maybe?
Vancouver is nice if you have money and like the rain...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14312 posts
1975 upvotes
Toronto
forthewinwin wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 1:32 am
Back in the old days, McDonalds or ice cream. Or I make myself an omlette and/or eggs

Now in the recent years I've developed something that tends to turn whatever I eat after 8pm approx. into fat (i.e. my cheeks will inflate in a few days) so I try to eat nothing or only very light foods such as half an apple after 6-7pm..
I try to just snack a bit and contain myself. I mean I know I already had dinner and overdosing on calories isn't very good since I haven't been putting in any effort to work out.

Peanuts, salted seaweed, chocolate bars, nestea (from hoard mission), or bread. I just eat it to shut myself up. Oh the will power sucks.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
1984 posts
104 upvotes
North York
I used to go for ice cream, cake, chips- junk food. Now that I am trying to eat better I go for a small serving of any proteins (eggs, yoghurt, chicken, etc) or fruits.
Aug 6, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Hot-dogs, some pasta or Egg rolls & rice (<-- Chinese delivery). Usually past 11pm or midnight. I have bad habits and have been saying I need to stop eating like this for MONTHS now. Luckily I have a pretty good metabolism, otherwise I'd probably be 300 lbs by now -.-
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7300 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have a problem with gaining weight, no matter what I eat be it McDonald's everyday I don't gain a pound. But lately I've though of what does it to do me internally do lately I've been eating healthier and have gotten fast food maybe once of twice in the past few months...
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
595 posts
23 upvotes
TORONTO
One or two pieces of cake with a cup of tea/coffee.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2769 posts
263 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Peanut butter and cheddar on whole wheat saltines and a big arse glass of milk right before bed, just about every night.
Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
I have some Wagyu steak flown in directly from the Hyogo prefecture in Japan.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7332 posts
597 upvotes
Anything that's in the pantry (assuming I'm home).

If I'm out either McD's or something from Chinatown.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8545 posts
1327 upvotes
Somewhere
I go to RFD OT, read the Caribana thread and lose my appetite after reading some of the horrendous, hurtful comments posted in there! :cry:
:confused:
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23349 posts
1452 upvotes
Markham
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 11:03 am
I go to RFD OT, read the Caribana thread and lose my appetite after reading some of the horrendous, hurtful comments posted in there! :cry:
I can't believe the amount of garbage posts were posted in there. Unbelievable!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8545 posts
1327 upvotes
Somewhere
yao416 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 11:13 am
I can't believe the amount of garbage posts were posted in there. Unbelievable!
Some people are just... :facepalm:
:confused:
× < >