Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16822 posts
1546 upvotes
Space for rent

What do you guys think of DJI?

Purely as an exercise in discourse about them as a manufacturer in the photography space, both for amateur/hobbyist and professional grade, I'd like to know what the experts think of them. I'm not that hardcore into photography but when I see testimonials from cinematographers vouching for their products, I take notice. Their new DJI drones shoots 4K and cost like $8,000 for the drone and camera rig which supposedly is good enough for movie studios to use. I was looking at reviews for the DJI Osmo Mobile gimble device and it does all kinds of cool stuff like tracking which would be great for a solo shooter. Really tempted to buy it but having seen some other products they have, it looks pretty hardcore how much they have their feet steeped in the industry.

I have been waiting for the Panasonic Lumix FZ2500 to go on sale and hope Black Friday / Boxing Day will lower it below $1,000 but the Mobile gimble would be pretty neat paired with my Mi A1.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4148 posts
511 upvotes
nice hardware
crappy app...fix one bug break 2-3 other features...rinse and repeat
also had to wait 4-5 months after pre-ordering
i'd have no problem recommending dji though...just do your due dilligience with the quirks

'good enough for studio to use' doesn't meant squat though...a $300 quadcopter and gopro hero4 was good enough to be used in blockbuster hollywoo movies.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.