Personal Finance

what do you think 68 east 43 avenue vancouver ?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2013 9:45 am
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
124 upvotes

what do you think 68 east 43 avenue vancouver ?

looking to buy a home around this neighbor hood anyone in RFD live around here?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Depends what you're looking for really.

Semi close to high school and langara.
One bus to ubc or metrotown.
Short distanace to Canada line.
Close to local fruit and veg markets on main + fraser sts
Ontario street bike route
Ease of access to Richmond

So you have education, transportation and convenience of either local markets or superstore on marine dr.

As for price point the "west" end pricing IMO is moving east ever so slightly. Being on the divide there, you'll pay a small premium. You'll get more "house" if you choose to go further east. There are many nice neighborhoods like Fraserview, Killarney, Renfrew Heights if you want to stay in gvrd. If price didn't matter I'd move closer to the Cambie corridor.

There are lots of other factors to consider. Close to other family, the school you want your kids to grow up through, the people that live in the neighborhood etc. It doesn't hurt to knock on the house next door to the place you're planning on buying to have a chat about the place/area.

For me, I wouldn't buy there because I just don't like the area. I also like a larger lot like the ones found in Fraserview. Good luck in your search and purchase.
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
124 upvotes
can you tell me a good realtor website i can search for? or i am couting on real estate agent?

whats the price range am i looking for?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
You're looking around the high 800's to 1.6 million. Of course the lower range will be a fixer upper. Try the following listings:

v1023942
v1006333
v1019437
v1020799

I think you should have a general idea of what price range you're looking at and what you can afford before selecting a location. As for sites, mls and realtylink are good ones.
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
124 upvotes
why so expensive down there lol i was looking something cheaper
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
That's the divide between west and east van basically. East Vancouver detached homes start around 600k (total junk) and go up depending on area.
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
124 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote: That's the divide between west and east van basically. East Vancouver detached homes start around 600k (total junk) and go up depending on area.
can you tell me what postal code area you referring?
Apr 21, 2005
330 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
If you are talking about this street here: https://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&cl ... CC4Q8gEwAA

- looks like a quiet street - tree lined. Russian Orthodox Church is your neighbour. Note that all houses on that block are wide lots ~ 45 ft vs. standard 33 ft wide lot - at least those on 43rd ave - expect to pay 50% more than 33 ft average. You are in a few block from both major streets (41st Ave & Main St. - 41st is very busy east west connector) - good distance & should be quiet. You are a stones throw from the primary school - Van Horne (my niece is going there & nephew went there).

- your just east of the Ontario St. Bikeway - Ontario St. is Zero block (more or less split Vancouver into east or west address location).

- you are a few blocks east of Cambie St. & the Oakridge mall, and also the Canada Line light rail line linking Richmond BC & the airport to downtown Vancouver & waterfront station.

- the neighbourhood should have a diverse heritage to it. The Russian Orthodox church in my mind is a remnant of earlier demographic period.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
If I wanted to take a complete bath on a real estate investment in the most over inflated market in North America, that's where I'd be buying!
Money Smarts Blog wrote: I agree with the previous posters, especially Thalo. {And} Thalo's advice is spot on.
Penalty Box
Oct 17, 2012
2689 posts
124 upvotes
Thalo wrote: If I wanted to take a complete bath on a real estate investment in the most over inflated market in North America, that's where I'd be buying!
i am doing my research ! once the market drop like roller coaster i will be buying!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
TripleTAP wrote: i am doing my research ! once the market drop like roller coaster i will be buying!
It could be a long ride.
Money Smarts Blog wrote: I agree with the previous posters, especially Thalo. {And} Thalo's advice is spot on.