• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 1:05 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill

What do you think? Marketing properties doing the floss

This is growing in leaps and bounds. Of all the videos I've seen this one made me chuckle, the others were lame to awful, but maybe I'm not looking at them through the eyes of a buyer, would you be moved to see a property because someone is doing the floss?

17 replies
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1261 posts
1393 upvotes
licenced wrote: This is growing in leaps and bounds. Of all the videos I've seen this one made me chuckle, the others were lame to awful, but maybe I'm not looking at them through the eyes of a buyer, would you be moved to see a property because someone is doing the floss?

Lame
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2014
11231 posts
3350 upvotes
Toronto
NotRobot wrote: Lame
I was going to use the exact same word.

Push the property mam, not yourself.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker/Owner - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1152 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
skeet50 wrote: Seems to be great for marketing the Realtor - but not so much for marketing the home. I wouldn't be pleased if I were the seller.
great publicity for the realtor. Would I use him? probably not.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4529 posts
4058 upvotes
skeet50 wrote: Seems to be great for marketing the Realtor - but not so much for marketing the home. I wouldn't be pleased if I were the seller.
Did he pay for licensing since this song is being used for commercial purposes?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
samobeidrealestate wrote: Not my cup of tea but it's a lot more tame than this Realtor marketing herself;

https://www.facebook.com/veronica.recin ... 8349091253
I saw this shared on a group of belong to of 40,000+ realtors, including the one I posted as well as other flosser vids were also posted there.

Interestingly, the rental vid was panned in a big way (with which I agree) but for some reason the floss videos generally received a pass as good marketing and I can't figure that out.
Apr 17, 2017
802 posts
590 upvotes
licenced wrote: I saw this shared on a group of belong to of 40,000+ realtors, including the one I posted as well as other flosser vids were also posted there.

Interestingly, the rental vid was panned in a big way (with which I agree) but for some reason the floss videos generally received a pass as good marketing and I can't figure that out.
I would say it's working. We are all talking about some house for sale in VA.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
Any publicity is good publicity and that goes for both the property and the realtor.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2007
1001 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: I think its okay. ISn't it a norm in the real estate industry to use really cheesy marketing?

They love to use pun's with their names and slogans. really dumb ones too.

"You can't go Wong with us!
Johnny Wong... Real estate Agent"

I think I recall seeing this on a few bus stops.
"Bonnie and John Wan....the right Wans!"

Also those head shots. Those marvelous head shots.
Jan 13, 2007
689 posts
669 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
In my opinion, this type of marketing only benefits the agent, not the seller. Someone looking to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars or even a million dollars on a property are not going to be swayed by an ad like this if the property isn't right to begin with. And if the house fits their criteria, their agent likely would've directed them to it already.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
This will not make me want this house anymore..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)