Sports & Recreation

Locked: What do you think will happen if Blue Jays lose the series against the Texas Rangers?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2015 9:22 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton

What do you think will happen if Blue Jays lose the series against the Texas Rangers?

Now with everyone on this huge bandwagon for the Jays, it would be a huge disappointment if they lost to Texas. Expectations are so high for the Jays it is unbelievable. Just last week there was rioting at the Nuit Blanche festival. I wonder what would happen if the Jays lost. Vancouver had riots too when the Canucks lost in the Stanley cup final to the Bruins.

Do you think there will be rioting in the streets of Toronto if the Jays lose? Possible chaos in the streets of downtown T.O.?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
51 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
No rioting at all.

Vancouver was in th finals and was up only to lose... That was even more devastating.

Leafs lost 5 to 4 against Boston too and no rioting.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
When has there ever been a riot during hockey, basketball, or baseball events..................NONE.

We are not Montreal, Calgary, or Vancouver.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2583 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Nope no rioting. Baseball fans are a more passive breed than fans of the other sports anyway.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
11402 posts
5239 upvotes
Hopefully it will result in Torontonians realizing they aren't the centre of the universe
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
469 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote: When has there ever been a riot during hockey, basketball, or baseball events..................NONE.

We are not Montreal, Calgary, or Vancouver.
No you're not. You're special
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
clseea wrote: Hopefully it will result in Torontonians realizing they aren't the centre of the universe
We behave in a more civilized manner because we are the center of the Universe ....

Freakin' animals over in Vancouver and Montreal. Get a grip.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
11402 posts
5239 upvotes
That's funny
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Nuit Blanche 2.0 at YnD square
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7523 upvotes
BC
Rioting over your local sports team losing is ridiculous. So many better reasons to support anarchy these days...
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Nothing. I am just glad they made the post-season. Ideally I would love one series win but really anything now is just cherry on top. Enjoy the moment.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2385 posts
274 upvotes
Nothing. I think people are just a little shell shocked seeing a local team in the Playoffs and one that is actually been given a chance to go all the way.

The Leafs & Raptors despite being in the playoffs for many years were almost always the underdog with slim chances of making deep runs.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Nothing will happen, except for people crying.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
If the Jays lose, they will be out. Simple as that.

As for rioting, that just comes down to the number of morons in a population. It has nothing to do with whether a team wins or loses, that's just a pathetic excuse for hooliganism. As far as I'm concerned the cops can do whatever they like to stop it, since there is no justification.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14185 upvotes
Toronto
the same thing that happened when the Raptors lost in the first round last Spring.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1566 posts
254 upvotes
The beauty of postseason baseball is that the teams making it are actually good teams

Not like NHL/NBA where a 6-8th seed team stands little to no chance to make it all the way

If there's anything I've learned about being a fan of Toronto sports teams, is to set your expectation level to none. Even at low you'll end up being disappointed.

All Canadian sports teams must be cursed or something I swear
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
kitchensink wrote: The beauty of postseason baseball is that the teams making it are actually good teams

Not like NHL/NBA where a 6-8th seed team stands little to no chance to make it all the way

If there's anything I've learned about being a fan of Toronto sports teams, is to set your expectation level to none. Even at low you'll end up being disappointed.

All Canadian sports teams must be cursed or something I swear
Game one loss.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2180 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
kitchensink wrote: The beauty of postseason baseball is that the teams making it are actually good teams
Pretty much. The best teams always make it to the playoffs but the best overall team doesn't always win it in the end. Baseball is about long-term results and any team can beat any team in a 5 or 7 game series. You don't have hopeless mismatches like you would in the NBA with a 1 seed vs an 8 seed.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
kitchensink wrote: All Canadian sports teams must be cursed or something I swear
Hard to believe now, but the CDN men's football ("soccer") team actually won the international Gold Cup back in 2001. Iirc they depended on penalty kick saves (Craig Forrest) and even a coin toss along the way, but they did ultimately win. And our national hockey teams do well...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)