None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1398 posts
131 upvotes

What documments for Mexico???

Hello

I am flying into mexico on march 9th, I was planning on getting my passport, but my Birth certificate got delayed so my window of error with the passport is too small to take a chance

Isa birth certificate enough to fly to mexico? (stopover in the US) i am a canadian citizen
6 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10882 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga
According to this site, you should be okay with just a birth certificate and driver's license/student I.D. Canadians and Americans are apparently the only ones exempt. Lucky us. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3171 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Birth certificate only if you were born in Canada or US. It is always better to have a passport especially if your other documents are old.

You should still have enough time to get a passport.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14379 posts
124 upvotes
Mississauga
Passport works everywhere.
If theres any folds/creases in your birth certificate, blocking /smudging any letters, they may refuse it. I was warned when I got my last passport to replace my birth certificate. You should see how complicated it is now to get a new birth certificate. Sheesh!!
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
64 upvotes
BC + photo ID will work, but a passport makes things a lot easier. It is easier to replace if it gets lost/stolen while you're in Mex.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
Passport is best thing, was there in Dec. Only needed a passport and don't at teh check in spot,look for a not nit picking person.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
i went to mexico with my drivers licsence and canadian birth certificate.. the only concern i got was from the baggage guy on the canadian side when checking in my luggage..wondering why i didnt have a passport...other then that NO PROBLEMS

i'd suggest getting the passport ..if time permits ..just 2have... but not req'd for mexico/usa
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!