Travel

What does "Maximum linear dimensions" of checked baggage mean?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2005 6:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes

What does "Maximum linear dimensions" of checked baggage mean?

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/ ... ecked.html

[QUOTE]Hospitality Service (to all destinations except Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan)

2 bags
For each bag:
Maximum weight 50lb (23kg)
Maximum linear dimensions 62in (158cm)[/QUOTE]

Is it height + width + depth to be less than or equal to 62in?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
HighFlyer wrote:That's correct.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1282 posts
1 upvote
So you're taking Air Canada's hostility service, eh ?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36968 posts
11408 upvotes
Ottawa
toujours wrote:So you're taking Air Canada's hostility service, eh ?
As opposed to?
I sometimes do not know what folks expect from airlines. I travel a lot and some days the service is good and some days the service is average but, I have never experienced, by me or even witnessed, poor relations by Air Canada staff.
I am not on their staff and I do not propose they are the best in the world but I have travelled many different airlines and find them better than some, same as others and in the discount area, well, like they say, you get what you pay for. I can assure you that when you fly RyanAir for 10 or 20 pounds, you do not get champagne or even extra leg room.
I am actually glad that Air Canada is starting to enforce the baggage rules. I am really tired of travellers bringing all the luggage and bags and parcels and coats and presents and, well you get the idea, on board and trying to jam it in the overhead bin. No room for anyone elses but then again, why should they care. I even had one Woman ask me if she could take my briefcase out and give it to me so she could put in her suitcase and 3 shopping bags. She was some ticked whenI told her to put it under her seat and be uncomfortable for the trip back from London.