Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2018 11:05 pm
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
Nothing for me today...The same @is being processed@. Hope to receive news soon. FIled feb 26th, large refund expected.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5705 posts
2899 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
gearnice wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:17 am
Nothing for me today...The same @is being processed@. Hope to receive news soon. FIled feb 26th, large refund expected.
It is the large refund that is a hold up. For example, last year my boss was owed a huge refund (over $50K). It took months and months for them to pay him.
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
Yes it is, may be the same thing will happen to me, waiting months and months. Agrrr!
Mar 12, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Spoke to cra agent today, she said give it 2 weeks from date filed then call if its still not done. Super frustrating its never taken this long for us. Mine is done and i get it tomorrow but partners isnt which is the one we wanted since its the bigger one
Nov 3, 2009
480 posts
158 upvotes
Stuck in the same "is being processed" status.

I had a "Home Buyer's Plan" amount this year which is probably what flagged me.
Mar 13, 2018
13 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
I’ve always nwtfiled and for my refund within 10 days .. I too am stuck on processing and when I called the agent said it can take 8 weeks and they don’t need anything from me. When I call the TIPS line the recording says there are technical difficulties with my refund .. who knows Pouting Face
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
I will call tomorrow with CRA Agent. I will inform.
Mar 1, 2018
26 posts
16 upvotes
I called tonight and spoke with a really nice lady. I have always had ours within 10-12 days. Both my husband's and mine say "in process." She told me she "thinks" they may need more information from us, but to call back by April 5th if I haven't had any correspondence from them. Never seen such delays as this.
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
SAme here. When I called he said he couldn’t see why it was held up but he made a note that he told me April 5 was the max time frame for either getting my NOA or a letter requesting more info. I filed at 1pm on feb 26. I have always had mine switch to assessed within a day or two ofnfiling and my refunds within the week - 10 days
Mar 1, 2018
26 posts
16 upvotes
It makes me think they are delaying their processing and giving everyone the same answers. I have seen other people on this thread mention April 5th as well. If I knew the 2 week processing wasn't going to happen, I would have maybe taken it to H&R Block or something. I filed the 27th, so it's been over 2 weeks. Are you expecting a large refund?
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
So, as I see we all will receive answer April 5th around. I will call tomorrow, just to know about mine. Same status as of today, @is being processed@. Filed on feb 26 6;35 am. Very large refund expected.
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
CRA must have a forum like this. 24 hours service.
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
cpollock1984 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:59 pm
It makes me think they are delaying their processing and giving everyone the same answers. I have seen other people on this thread mention April 5th as well. If I knew the 2 week processing wasn't going to happen, I would have maybe taken it to H&R Block or something. I filed the 27th, so it's been over 2 weeks. Are you expecting a large refund?
6200$
Mar 13, 2018
6 posts
Filed March 5. My accountant called in and was told will have an answer. Was told that it was picked for a review. Nothing in particular, just random
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
RichardW236 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:07 pm
Filed March 5. My accountant called in and was told will have an answer. Was told that it was picked for a review. Nothing in particular, just random
And yours shows “is being processed”?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)