Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 9:06 am
Feb 19, 2019
44 posts
6 upvotes
Just an update... My return was done its review with the special assessment centre in March!!!! And sent for a final review where it should have taken 3 days to complete but for some reason it was "suspended" and the SA centre actually cant figure out why... Waiting for a call back today to let me know what is going on. I am kinda hoping they push it through... There was a letter sitting in my file that wasn't sent out back in March! It seems my whole file is just sitting there. Doing nothing!
Feb 13, 2017
288 posts
253 upvotes
toronto, ontario
Is CRA website down now for anyone else?

Was working fine yesterday, down all morning today.
Feb 19, 2019
44 posts
6 upvotes
It's been exactly 17 weeks since I filed my 2018 tax return. Im being told it will be completed this week... Was even given a guarantee on that. A supervisor tracked my file down, from the disability tax credit office and had it sent back to the special assessment centre last Monday so should be back today or tomorrow and once its back its being assessed right away.
At this point im not taking any chances and have been in contact with my local MP who says he will then get in contact with his contact at the CRA
Will update once i know more
Jun 12, 2019
2 posts
I filed mine on April 9th, so it’s been 10 weeks of waiting so far... Status on MyCra “in process” since first week of May, and haven’t received any request for additional info, no emails, etc.
Feb 19, 2019
44 posts
6 upvotes
Juwt got word, my taxes will be done today! Almost 18 weeks after filing
Jun 12, 2019
2 posts
I received a notice of Preassessment Review (form request) exactly 10 weeks after filing. I faxed the forms immediately- how long to these Preassessment Reviews normally take?
Aug 18, 2019
1 posts
My in process status is going over 10 weeks now was given two different dates and have yet to see my notice of assessment or funds .. any recommendations on what I should do now please and thanks