Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2018 3:33 pm
Dec 15, 2007
149 posts
34 upvotes
LAval
Filed last night, checked today and it's assessed. NOA will be availble march 15.
Nov 30, 2006
162 posts
32 upvotes
ZafreenP535764 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 10:02 am
Hey Batman... did they give you an April date ?
Yes, it was April 6th IIRC.
FWIW, my return is 15.5K. Still showing "in process" as of today.
Nov 25, 2013
17 posts
filed mine and my husband together yesterday, his was assessed and noa will be available Mar 15. Mine is still in processing status...
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1582 posts
486 upvotes
Canada
Tgs8770 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 9:47 am
Gbills when did you file and when did yours change from in process to assessed?
I filed March 1 and it immediately went to assessed.
Mar 4, 2018
140 posts
29 upvotes
I see, this is totally aleatory. But my refund must be 20k higher. So, probably, people with high refunds are selected by the system to put them at the end of the process of refund. I guess. Filed since FEB 26th, and nothing yet.
Oct 27, 2012
269 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
I filed on the morning of the 26th and my return is still stuck in "processing". I have a refund of a few thousand coming, so I wonder if that's the reason.
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
I’m in the same boat. Today would be the 10th business day so I was hoping it would update by today for sure - just checked and it’s stkll processing
Feb 27, 2018
25 posts
15 upvotes
My advice would be to just wait till April 2 and if nothing then call them.. that’s what was told a few days ago.. no need to stress it’s beyond your control.. hopefully it changes before that day ..
Mar 4, 2018
6 posts
11 upvotes
Update... Just got off the phone with CRA I filed on the 26th..they told me my return was automatically selected to for review.. hence the reason why it says being processed and that I should have my NOA by no later the March 26th the agent on the phone said there was nothing out of the ordinary with my return it was just a random selection..I will update as i get new info
Dec 21, 2010
13 posts
thanks for the update :) just sucks you know im was needing that money b4 march 26th
Mar 4, 2018
6 posts
11 upvotes
I hear that...i had big plans for my refund that was time sensitive so now I am having to figure something else out....some said i should have went to HR block and got cash back within 24 hours but I was not about to give up a percentage of my return to those robbers..
Apr 15, 2007
173 posts
5 upvotes
Thornhill
Based on others' responses here, the more complicated returns are taking longer to process. I filed on the Feb 26 and called CRA today they said the Sudbury office has until April 9 to respond. The rep couldn't confirm if that's the NoA date or simply a date for them to contact me for follow-ups. In other words it's a waiting game and nothing can be done.
Mar 4, 2018
140 posts
29 upvotes
Nothing better than having done your taxes by yourself. Some simple math, logic, and that is. I would like to receive my refund before march 20th, high expectatives, lol, we will see. Today is the same, "Your return is being processed". Filed on Feb 26th.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

topnotch