Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2018 11:05 pm
Dec 12, 2005
903 posts
42 upvotes
GTA
Aww shit, guess I ain't getting my $30k any time soon. Just filed today :(

I selected the Express NOA option on Ufile which is supposed to download your NOA immediately after filing. In my case Ufile reported the return was 'In progress' which means I'm likely being reviewed.
Shojin wrote:I like to quote myself.
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
YEp, Netfile gives the same option "express NOA". "Your return is in progress", shity things eh?
Dec 21, 2010
13 posts
they disd this last year to my wifes and they **** it up real bad like we had to go to another tax place after and sign appeal.. i was nuts it said she only made 13000 that year and my wife does not make anything new 13 it way more.. so those payments **** up our CCB and other things...
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
:rolleyes: wwwhat xruntx? sorry I did not catch you up!

My update: 15: 45 hrs the system is the same status..."your return is being process" When will shift to assessed?

Any good news?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5655 posts
2871 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
gearnice wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 5:47 pm
:rolleyes: wwwhat xruntx? sorry I did not catch you up!

My update: 15: 45 hrs the system is the same status..."your return is being process" When will shift to assessed?

Any good news?
Do you have anything unusual this year that you don't normally claim, or are you getting a big return? Hubby's was held up for some days I believe because he sold his townhouse in Victoria (he owned it since 1997 and lived in it the entire time until getting posted to Ottawa in 2013) and we also sold our townhouse here in Ottawa (so we could buy our current house). He also retired from the military last March and started collecting his pension while working a new job. I guess there were a couple different things about his.
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
nothing unusual, just a big return. No changes, just my large return. High income and giving them more than expected, like saving money.
Mar 9, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
ChristinaS909373 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 11:47 am
It's super annoying that I submitted mine and then my husbands the same day and my has been assessed but his is in progress :(
any progress on the cra status? still in progress status? we do have same situation i filed our tax on march 6th min was automatically marked as assessed but his is process and still in process up until now.
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
Neither. I filed feb 26 and has been “being processed” since then. I called cra yesterday and she confirmed it was received and being processed. She asked if there were any significant changes this year and the only thing that is I claimed our rental suite income this year and in the past my husband has claimed it and we did a bunch of repairs so lots of expenses were claimed. She said to wait two more weeks and then call back because at this point she couldn’t see any letters being sent out requesting more info but by the end of another two weeks then any letters would be visible to her on her end. Or wait and see if I get mail from them asking for supporting doc etc. So annoying. I’m hoping it just processes soon
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
They feel pain in the ass, when they must give us money back, hahaha, there is no option CRA, our money is our money. Give that back to us as soon as possible, lol. Well, we will see what happens this week.
Nov 6, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
I did mine the morning of the 8th..looked a couple hours later wondering if my t4s were received and my return was already processed..noa and refund coming on the 19th.
Nov 30, 2006
165 posts
33 upvotes
Got a letter last night in My Account.

Asking for some forms for me to fill out.
Still marked as In Process, but this is a good step.
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
What kind of forms? When did you file initially?