Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2018 4:24 pm
Jan 27, 2010
60 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
MelissaC69009 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 7:47 am
So update I filed on April 14, being in process since then. They finally emailed me a preassessment letter asking for more information on my tuition and my daughter's tuition transfer. So I am getting that all together today then I will fax it off. After I fax it off any idea how much longer this will take to get assessed. I am on hold for my funding for my next year of studies until this is done.
I faxed in documentation March 29. They confirmed that they had approved the claim (rrsp) based on the documents on May 2. I am still waiting for my Noa. I have been told that once the documents are approved it is then sent off the "regular" tax processing center. I have been given multiple dates with June 25 being the most recent date they gave me on the phone.
May 19, 2018
17 posts
6 upvotes
Erica’s article was fluffy. Instead of writing a biting review, she went the wishy-washy route.
May 18, 2018
14 posts
JoshM84574 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:18 am
Erica’s article was fluffy. Instead of writing a biting review, she went the wishy-washy route.
I agree. Didn't seem that it would make CRA scramble and hurry with our returns. What was the point?
Jun 5, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Been following this thread for quite a while......finally here to express my frustration

Submitted my taxes April 1, same as my husband. His (small) refund was deposited within a week, and mine went into "In Process"
Got a message May 15 that they required the tuition transfer document from my husband's tuition, and proof of tuition transfer from my child (um.....I said no children, not sure where/how that error happened, used Turbo Tax and netfiled)
Faxed them a couple of days later with the transfer documents and a letter saying that I have no children
Waiting again.....thinking they must be busy. Ok....angry
I had to use credit for my property taxes because my refund was supposed to cover that.

Then, when I log into my account today I see the whole site is redesigned. So, can't be THAT busy....

At least now it says "recieved and processing" but I don't see my "online mail" that I had last week (including the request for additional info).

Anyone else notice a difference in how the page is laid out? Missing online mail?
Jun 3, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
I've seen two different layouts/pages. On one when I sign in it just says "Your return is being processed" and on the other one it says "Your return is: received, and processing". I'm not sure why there seems to be two different sites. When I google "My CRA" the top two search results are "Login to My CRA" and then "My account for individuals"
May 28, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
KristiW75843 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:16 pm
I've seen two different layouts/pages. On one when I sign in it just says "Your return is being processed" and on the other one it says "Your return is: received, and processing". I'm not sure why there seems to be two different sites. When I google "My CRA" the top two search results are "Login to My CRA" and then "My account for individuals"
My understanding is that the "MyCRA" was designed for mobile devices, vs. the fully functional site - which is just the CRA site. I actually don't think they redesigned anything, both sites have been around for a long time. I just want my tax return back, but if they got with the times they would design an app for the iphone and android platforms.
Apr 8, 2018
7 posts
Has anyone received their refund/deposit earlier than the NOA scheduled date???

Just wondering because mine is for June 11th(Monday) but wondering if maybe it will come in earlier....like tomorrow would be awesome :)
May 28, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
It's beyond frustrating the last of visibility we have into where things stand with our returns. I have had lots of people say... you are getting interest, but I would much rather have the cash.
Mar 4, 2016
49 posts
14 upvotes
missg72 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 10:21 am
Has anyone received their refund/deposit earlier than the NOA scheduled date???

Just wondering because mine is for June 11th(Monday) but wondering if maybe it will come in earlier....like tomorrow would be awesome :)
Saturday am depending on your bank i believe all the big banks cibc td bmo scotia and royal will deposit sat morning not sure about the other ones.....fyi ours was dated for a monday and scotia bank deposited sat am
May 28, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
JoshM84574 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 2:15 pm
Received NOA but no cheque or deposit. Back to the phones I go.
Does it not tell you the deposit date?
Jun 3, 2018
2 posts
Sorry if I sound stupid. .lol what does noa stand for .
I have been following this post as well. I just checked after months of nothing and I can see a zero balance (which I owed thousands) and a date of June 18 ? But don't see anything as yet. Maybe working on it. I guess time will tell

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Sadi1966