Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2023 2:51 pm
Apr 24, 2019
1 posts
This is my first year of tax. My wife got assessed and got a refund, while i received a preassessment letter for more info. I faxed the using efax. My worry is whether using Efax did the documents reach CRA or not though i have a transmission confirmation.

How do you all generally fax? Online or through fax machines? Stupid query though :(.
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
Still nothing... This is actually getting very frustrating. My return isn't even a large sum but it is supposed to pay for my next vacation
Mar 25, 2019
2 posts
BeckyG78016 wrote: Still nothing... This is actually getting very frustrating. My return isn't even a large sum but it is supposed to pay for my next vacation
I sympathize with you, it seems few of the returns get stuck in the system. I guess you will have to wait but if your anxiety is bothering you, you may approach your MP. Things could get faster in this election year.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
BeckyG78016 wrote: Anyone assessed? I'm still waiting
Wife and I filed our taxes at the last hour and both have a status of "assessed".
May 5, 2014
7 posts
Calgary, AB
Mine were finally assessed, got the NOA and refund May 6th
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
jenpel wrote: Mine were finally assessed, got the NOA and refund May 6th
Oh I hope that means mine won't be too much longer
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
Still waiting...
Filed Feb 18, Feb 21 letter requesting documents, Feb 27 documents received, March 27th file approved and sent to tax centre... Apparently still in line to get processed
Mar 8, 2009
623 posts
29 upvotes
First 'in process' return.
Filed April 21st
Docs requested April 27th (line 339 and 446)
Sent May 8th
Called to confirm receipt of docs 15th, 22nd and 23rd.
Confirmed May 24th

Still in process. Apparently this is an easy review? Docs were proof I had/have the kids in my care along with a schedule 6. This apparently speeds up the process if the review is basic like this.
I was quoted 6 weeks for an NOA as of the 26th of May. Separation triggered the automatic review and processing per the rep I spoke to.

D
Independent Contract Collection Agent

Collection Question? Querry? Myth?
Solve it here:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/coll ... ad-809943/
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1311 upvotes
Is Being processed the same as "in process"? Mine says being processed.

My wife and I filed together in late April and she received her NOA a week later. I'm at the 30 day mark now and it still says "being processed" I called and all I was told by the phone rep was was that she could see that it was actively being worked on. It's never taken more than 2 weeks before.

NO idea what this means as I would assume that if they wanted more info they would have requested it already. She couldn't tell me anything other than It might be possible that the tax center would request more information but she didn't really know,

If they wanted more info, wouldn't I have received a request by now?
Mar 8, 2009
623 posts
29 upvotes
Donomight25 wrote: First 'in process' return.
Filed April 21st
Docs requested April 27th (line 339 and 446)
Sent May 8th
Called to confirm receipt of docs 15th, 22nd and 23rd.
Confirmed May 24th

Still in process. Apparently this is an easy review? Docs were proof I had/have the kids in my care along with a schedule 6. This apparently speeds up the process if the review is basic like this.
I was quoted 6 weeks for an NOA as of the 26th of May. Separation triggered the automatic review and processing per the rep I spoke to.

D
Checked online, moved from In Process to Is Being Processed.

Anyone have a timeline for the NOA after the switch from one to the other?

Solve it here:
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
Donomight25 wrote: Checked online, moved from In Process to Is Being Processed.

Anyone have a timeline for the NOA after the switch from one to the other?
Mine's been "being processed" for the last 14 weeks
Mar 8, 2009
623 posts
29 upvotes
BeckyG78016 wrote: Mine's been "being processed" for the last 14 weeks
My relationship status changed which means I am claiming a dependent as spouse and then a climate action incentive as well.

I was told it's a more routine preassessment triggered by the relationship status, should be a little faster than others.

Do you know what triggered your preassessment review?

Solve it here:
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
Donomight25 wrote: My relationship status changed which means I am claiming a dependent as spouse and then a climate action incentive as well.

I was told it's a more routine preassessment triggered by the relationship status, should be a little faster than others.

Do you know what triggered your preassessment review?
Income I was claiming. I had to send in proof I made $ lol
Mar 8, 2009
623 posts
29 upvotes
BeckyG78016 wrote: Income I was claiming. I had to send in proof I made $ lol
Any movement for you? Still being processed for me, hoping it's not the 14 weeks you had to wait - jeez. I'm assuming you had to send like a T4 or something similar? (T4A or T2202A?)

Solve it here:
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
Donomight25 wrote: Any movement for you? Still being processed for me, hoping it's not the 14 weeks you had to wait - jeez. I'm assuming you had to send like a T4 or something similar? (T4A or T2202A?)

Nothing. Called in and was given another standard "4 more weeks" answer... I am self employed so I had to send in all my receipts.
Mar 8, 2009
623 posts
29 upvotes
BeckyG78016 wrote: Nothing. Called in and was given another standard "4 more weeks" answer... I am self employed so I had to send in all my receipts.
Four more weeks on top of the 15weeks already? Jeez. That's insanity. I'm sure there is a special assistance number you could call to have your case looked at or reviewed?

I'm going to call Monday, see what my response is. I'm expecting the same 'six to eight weeks' crap.

Solve it here:
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
Donomight25 wrote: Four more weeks on top of the 15weeks already? Jeez. That's insanity. I'm sure there is a special assistance number you could call to have your case looked at or reviewed?

I'm going to call Monday, see what my response is. I'm expecting the same 'six to eight weeks' crap.
I've called just about every number... Someone finally "flagged" it as a priority case today so fingers crossed but was still told it could be a couple of weeks, my file is with some department that gives self employment credits(so they say)
Mar 8, 2009
623 posts
29 upvotes
BeckyG78016 wrote: I've called just about every number... Someone finally "flagged" it as a priority case today so fingers crossed but was still told it could be a couple of weeks, my file is with some department that gives self employment credits(so they say)
Called today, my file has not yet been 'assigned'. I'm assuming once it is, review is not too long after.

Docs are there, just waiting for someone to physically look at them.

What number did you call and have them flag it?

Solve it here:
Feb 19, 2019
45 posts
6 upvotes
Donomight25 wrote: Called today, my file has not yet been 'assigned'. I'm assuming once it is, review is not too long after.

Docs are there, just waiting for someone to physically look at them.

What number did you call and have them flag it?
The special assessment number on the letter