Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2018 4:18 pm
Mar 13, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
topnotch wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 6:43 am
I'm getting sick of checking my account ten times a day hoping for good news. Does anyone know the timing of when it changes from processing to "NOA available"? As in does that happen overnight and if I see "processing" when I first login is there any point in checking later that day?
Yes absolutely...last year I checked early morning and mid morning...at one that afternoon it changed to processed..it even happened at ten at night one year lol...keep checking Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jun 14, 2018
2 posts
I'm new to the thread. So annoyed, hubby and I filed our taxes at the same time: March 28th. I received my taxes back 2 weeks into April, hubby has been "processing," since the end of April. On or before June 15th was the date the accountant gave us for receiving our taxes back. I am BEYOND annoyed and dont understand what is taking so long! I'm literally signing into our bank out 30398532983592 times a day waiting for these taxes!
May 28, 2018
24 posts
4 upvotes
StephanyW073105 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:23 pm
Yes absolutely...last year I checked early morning and mid morning...at one that afternoon it changed to processed..it even happened at ten at night one year lol...keep checking Smiling Face With Sunglasses
WOW - I logged in and it says assessed. It says the NOA will be about to view on June 26th, does that mean it's the payment date?
Jun 14, 2018
2 posts
JRUSH123 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 4:22 pm
WOW - I logged in and it says assessed. It says the NOA will be about to view on June 26th, does that mean it's the payment date?
When did you file?
Mar 13, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
JRUSH123 wrote:
Congratulations! Yes. That is the date your cash should be deposited ...happy for you Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Jan 27, 2010
71 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
JRUSH123 wrote:
Awesome!
May 28, 2018
24 posts
4 upvotes
StephanyW073105 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 4:26 pm
Congratulations! Yes. That is the date your cash should be deposited ...happy for you Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Thanks & good luck to everyone. I know it's a long frustrating process!
Jun 4, 2018
11 posts
my gst credit date and info has been updated this morning..no other changes but this is definitely a step forward to getting it finished up..hopefully less than four months more lol...just to let others know..watch your credits page, and watch for updated dates on it, because that means that your info and file are in the process of being completed when you see the credit info tab updated to this year, such as in my case. this much I do know for sure..good luck to all
Jun 5, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
FINALLY!!!!
My account has been updated, it says NOA will be available and refund will be deposited on June 21!! (oh, I hope that is legitimately going to happen!)

Netfiled on April 1, there was a (minor) error on my return and I was asked for supplemental documents: when I used TurboTax, since my husband was in school and made so little he was considered a dependent, and because of that, I answered affirmatively that a dependent had tuition credits to transfer to me, also putting in that my spouse had tuition to transfer......somehow it ended up giving CRA the idea that I had a CHILD that was transferring tuition as well as my husband (we don't have kids), so I had to send in the document from my husband's transfer and a note saying that the child transferring was an error (and it had made my return a couple hundred higher, so it had to be recalculated). A little annoyed that Turbo Tax allowed that glitch to happen.

Understandable it took a little longer than normal because of the error, but that said, it took WAY longer than it should have! I got audited several years ago and it took less time than this did. I had to use credit to pay my property taxes because I didn't have my refund before property tax was due (which was how I had budgeted)Learned the lesson the hard way, don't depend on CRA to be on time. Hope things work out soon for those that haven't heard anything yet.
Jun 3, 2018
10 posts
4 upvotes
So those of you who have received your NOA in June - did you receive interest on your return as well? I've read it's 4% per day for every day after May 31?
May 18, 2018
12 posts
6 upvotes
Assessed!!!!!!! NOA June 29. To everyone still waiting I filed that RC193 complaint with the Ombudsman’s office last week... could be a coincidence but got assessed today... and I’ve been waiting since February 27th. Interest was added on to my return.
Jun 4, 2018
11 posts
Wonderful and well done! Can you tell me when u filed, if u did it online and if so, what code you filed it under?
May 18, 2018
12 posts
6 upvotes
StephanyW75360 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 9:13 am
Wonderful and well done! Can you tell me when u filed, if u did it online and if so, what code you filed it under?

I couldn’t get the complaint to work online through my CRA account. So I faxed it in. The employee at the Ombudsman’s office advised me to fax it so it would be received faster. I submitted the complaint through fax last Wednesday or Thursday.

The fax goes directly to the CRA complaint department.

Good luck!
Jan 27, 2010
71 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting.... Got excited when a few of you got the good news figured I had to be around the corner.... Nothing yet. They told me by June 25 last time I called but I have a sinking feeling that won't be met.....