Personal Finance

What does it mean when your tax return is "In process"?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2018 10:49 am
Mar 4, 2018
148 posts
30 upvotes
Sales of properties and some donations my good friend.
Mar 12, 2018
1 posts
We filed our returns on the morning of March 6th. Mine went straight to assessed and my husbands has been sitting as processing ever since. He has a refund but there is nothing more that 3 T4s and a EI slip on his return so it is very straightforward.
Mar 11, 2018
6 posts
4 upvotes
Filed mine on the 26th of Feb, I do have more medical expenses than i usually would, otherwise its stats quo. Mine is still "Being Processed" . I have called in twice (once last week, once this week) and both times they have told me to wait until April 5th to contact them again... Very odd to me.
Mar 11, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
I filed both mine and my partners on Feb 26th. Mine was processed a few days later abd NOA available March 12th. His is still saying "in process" and all he had was a T4. Rather frustrating as nothing has changed and his return is always around the same (3-4 grand)
Mar 12, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
I applied on 28th evening. HR Block was having some issues getting authorization for my account. I hope that is not the issue, mine still says "Your 2017 return is being processed". I am expecting a larger refund too, but tax return is only 3 T4s
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
anyone go from “being processed” to assessed yet?
Mar 12, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Same issue here filled mine and my common law partners on March 6th, mine was switched to assesed the day of and his is still saying processing. Nothing different other then his return being a little higher then previous years
Nov 30, 2006
162 posts
32 upvotes
After receiving my notice from the CRA about my processing delay, I have sent in the T4 as requested via fax this morning. The lady on the phone was super nice actually gave me her direct line to her fax number in BC so she could bring it over to the department for me, instead of it going to Winnipeg and being delayed for 2 weeks.

As I see it, once they get the T4 and confirm my taxes paid, it should be pretty straight forward and NOA should come quickly.

I'll update as it goes along.
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
batMan07 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:56 pm
After receiving my notice from the CRA about my processing delay, I have sent in the T4 as requested via fax this morning. The lady on the phone was super nice actually gave me her direct line to her fax number in BC so she could bring it over to the department for me, instead of it going to Winnipeg and being delayed for 2 weeks.

As I see it, once they get the T4 and confirm my taxes paid, it should be pretty straight forward and NOA should come quickly.

I'll update as it goes along.
So your notice about the processing delay appeared in your Cra My Account online? Or actual letter mail?
Mar 2, 2018
95 posts
22 upvotes
I called again. Spoke to a nice agent who said my maximum time frame to be either provided a NOA by or given a letter requesting more info by is April 5th. I am sure hoping it is sooner Expressionless Face
Oct 27, 2012
270 posts
65 upvotes
GTA
Tgs8770 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 5:43 pm
Was yours previously marked as being processed up until it switched to assessed?
It was previously "in process" from Feb 26th all the way up to this past Monday. Didn't have to provide any additional information. Return was simple, but very different from last year (more T4s, a spike in T5 income) and a large refund at the end, whereas in previous years I've owed money.
Nov 30, 2006
162 posts
32 upvotes
Tgs8770 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:59 pm
So your notice about the processing delay appeared in your Cra My Account online? Or actual letter mail?
In my online mail.
Mar 13, 2018
103 posts
48 upvotes
HI and yes. Exactly the same with me. I filed the morning Netfile opened on the 26th .We are at the 14 March..Still in Process...go figure..
Mar 13, 2018
18 posts
10 upvotes
Filed on March 5th and still “being processed”. Every other year has been way faster :(
Has anyone has theirs change yet?