what does slammed car mean?

as title. thx
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
6296 posts
217 upvotes
Markham
Lowered suspension and the bumper should almost stick on the floor.

Rice? Yes.....your car wont move faster, but way slower.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Banned
Apr 15, 2006
4572 posts
121 upvotes
Chatham
MP3_SKY wrote:Lowered suspension and the bumper should almost stick on the floor.

Rice? Yes.....your car wont move faster, but way slower.

So mr car expert, how so? care to explain?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6619 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
brisk wrote:as title. thx
It means lowering the car to the point where it will compete with most snow plows I believe though someone will have to educate me on new terms.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6400 posts
149 upvotes
jetway1212 wrote:So mr car expert, how so? care to explain?
You bottom out much more. Normal streets aren't a nice clean, flat race track, they have bumps, cracks and potholes as well as garbage.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2005
1399 posts
47 upvotes
bionicbadger wrote:You bottom out much more.
Why would you bottom out much more? When you lower your car, you use lowering springs. Those springs have a different spring rate (stiffer) than stock. The chances of bottoming out, are the same as if you didn't lower the car.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
6296 posts
217 upvotes
Markham
jetway1212 wrote:So mr car expert, how so? care to explain?
Since your car body is lower, you need to becareful for the potholes and the bumps in the parking lot, kinda annoying just to avoid those potholes and slow down to avoid a big hit on the bumps........otherwise, you will have to repaint your front bumper often and it hurts your suspension.

I always wanted to add a front lips on my car, but with the potholes and our lovely winter, I ignore this idea....,my car is slightly dropped, keep it drivable in winter.

so your car is "slammed"? :lol:
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6619 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
CRXGSR wrote:Why would you bottom out much more? When you lower your car, you use lowering springs. Those springs have a different spring rate (stiffer) than stock. The chances of bottoming out, are the same as if you didn't lower the car.
Have you noticed how amusing it is to watch lowered cars go over speed bumps and potholes??

Having stiffer suspension does not stop you from bottoming out if an appropriately sized bump dictates so... Also driveways are a real issue from what I have seen. Plus majority of the ricer community has stupidly large fart cans dangling precariously close to the ground in addition to unnecessarily oversized tires and wheels rubbing thoroughly against the wheel wells.
Banned
Apr 15, 2006
4572 posts
121 upvotes
Chatham
MP3_SKY wrote:Since your car body is lower, you need to becareful for the potholes and the bumps in the parking lot, kinda annoying just to avoid those potholes and slow down to avoid a big hit on the bumps........otherwise, you will have to repaint your front bumper often and it hurts your suspension.

I always wanted to add a front lips on my car, but with the potholes and our lovely winter, I ignore this idea....,my car is slightly dropped, keep it drivable in winter.

so your car is "slammed"? :lol:

LOL so that is your explaination of your above statement? You made me laughed......hahahhahahah

Yeah talk about car noobs
Banned
Sep 7, 2004
1177 posts
Brampton/Mississauga
alot of people think 1.5" drop from stock height is slammed, i am almost 2.5" lower then stock in my integra and its not slammed enough for me, and i dont have any problems bottoming out and grazing anywhere only speed bumps are tricky.. if ur a newb to lowerd suspension you will fcuk up ur lips/oilpan whatever...
[ E-6600 @ STOCK | P5N32-E SLI | BFG 8800GTX | 2x1024MB OCZ PLATINUM SLI 8500 | SEAGATE 7200.10 250GB | OCZ 600 WATT GAME-X-| SOUNDBLASTER X-FI ]

Heatware : Nuspeed
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
2564 posts
2 upvotes
Gatineau (Buckingham…
Yeah, I don't think you'd want to take a slammed car in Ottawa with the speed bumps the have particularly on the oneway streets. It's fun watching some cars go airbourne over them.
Banned
Apr 15, 2006
4572 posts
121 upvotes
Chatham
ichpen wrote:Have you noticed how amusing it is to watch lowered cars go over speed bumps and potholes??

Having stiffer suspension does not stop you from bottoming out if an appropriately sized bump dictates so... Also driveways are a real issue from what I have seen. Plus majority of the ricer community has stupidly large fart cans dangling precariously close to the ground in addition to unnecessarily oversized tires and wheels rubbing thoroughly against the wheel wells.

LOL i guess you havent seen high class ricers. Air ride can eliminate all that. :D

Anyway, for tuners, lowering gravity center is their goal. However on some vehicles due to their designs of suspension lowering too much will actually hurt the performances (handling)

Lowered ride is unconfortable due to most of them are on cheap springs and coils setup. Fully adjustable dampers are more appropriate for performance and comfort.

Bouncy ride is due blown shocks.
× < >