Careers

What does it usually mean if the job posting is no longer listed?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2010 7:20 am
Tags:
None
Dec 18, 2008
665 posts
4 upvotes
waterloo

What does it usually mean if the job posting is no longer listed?

What does it usually mean if the job posting is no longer listed on the website? I'm sure there is someone here who works for HR and knows how it works.

Does it mean the recruiters are in the process of analyzing and choosing the best canadidate to begin the interview process?

Or does it mean the job position has been filled?

I'm just wondering because I am crossing off from a list of employers I've applied to. This will keep my job hunting more efficient.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
filled or about to be filled.. or the job is not available anymore
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3812 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
posting has been closed, recruiters are looking at the applicants and choosing candidates
Jan 12, 2010
14 posts
Canada
Smog wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 5:29 pm
What does it usually mean if the job posting is no longer listed on the website? I'm sure there is someone here who works for HR and knows how it works.

Does it mean the recruiters are in the process of analyzing and choosing the best canadidate to begin the interview process?

Or does it mean the job position has been filled?

I'm just wondering because I am crossing off from a list of employers I've applied to. This will keep my job hunting more efficient.
They aren't taking new applicants. I'd just follow up how you're doing anyhow. What's the worst that can happen? They say "no" :)

Cheers,
Eric
× < >