what is ETF do you buy if you are bullish on China and India's economy

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2021 7:56 pm
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes

what is ETF do you buy if you are bullish on China and India's economy

In the past few years, I have been buying XCH and XID, is there any other choices that I can buy?

Prefer ETF that can reflect the booming economy of China/Hong Kong/India. I am interested in Chinese, Indian companies that operate most of their business in Asia, I am NOT interested in any Chinese or Indian company that put most of their business in North America.
World cup is coming
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1011 upvotes
Saskatoon
You might want look into VWO quite heavy on Hong Kong/China and relatively low ER 0.12%
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
i have been watching zid and xid for india. price pt avg hasnt been impacted much by covid, not sure why??
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes
If I am extremely bullish on Hong Kong and China, what is the best way to invest in them in Canada?

is there any broker in Canada that provide low commission to invest in Hong Kong stock exchange?
World cup is coming
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2018
1031 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't end up buying the telecoms/China Telecom last time it went down on the US delisting threat, but I would have used my current brokerage Interactive Brokers.

Can even access Shanghai/Shenzhen Connect to buy companies listed on the Mainland.
HK Stock Commission: 0.08% of trade value. Minimum: HKD 18
Shanghai-Hong Kong Connect and Shenzhen-Hong Kong Connect Stocks: 0.08% of trade value. Minimum: CNH 15

Example: 400 shares@ HKD 70 Share Price= HKD 22.40
https://www.interactivebrokers.ca/en/in ... &p=stocks1
The Distracted Investor

Dividends through quality companies 😃 Though I usually lose money with trades :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
What chinese stocks are good?
To the moon
Aug 18, 2019
442 posts
420 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: What chinese stocks are good?
None if you wanna keep it long term.

US govt (both dems n reps) is gonna delist them 1 by 1 in US stock market due to accounting non compliance and CCP link and when they do it's gonna affect the broader Chinese market and tanking them. US is getting ready to decouple its investors from China so that when, not if, Uncle Sam and its allies retaliate against CCP atrocities (asean south china sea+japan's senkaku claims, indian himalayan intrusion, australian trade ban, Canadian michaels, eu citizen kidnappings, iranian+north korean support, xinjiang genocide, etc) nobody would scream too loud saying their interests are harmed.

Do you see the common denominator of the world's problems here?

Consider yourself warned.
~teslanaire2bitcoinaireButStillCheapLurking@RFDForDeals~
Nov 25, 2013
262 posts
223 upvotes
Get an account on IB or FUTU. FYI though the HKEX is now comprised of a large number of Chinese companies such as tencent, baba and xiaomi so quite a lot of them you can buy on the nasdaq/nyse. The HKEX is quite choppy tbh I would rather just buy individual companies.

Stocks for HK-domiciled companies are pretty much value/dividend stocks like vitasoy, link REIT, and an older generation favourite HSBC.
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes
US and Western world will be beaten by China in the next few years!

clueless dude wrote: None if you wanna keep it long term.

US govt (both dems n reps) is gonna delist them 1 by 1 in US stock market due to accounting non compliance and CCP link and when they do it's gonna affect the broader Chinese market and tanking them. US is getting ready to decouple its investors from China so that when, not if, Uncle Sam and its allies retaliate against CCP atrocities (asean south china sea+japan's senkaku claims, indian himalayan intrusion, australian trade ban, Canadian michaels, eu citizen kidnappings, iranian+north korean support, xinjiang genocide, etc) nobody would scream too loud saying their interests are harmed.

World cup is coming
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
ilovetoyota wrote: US and Western world will be beaten by China in the next few years!

And Japan will unleash Godzillas and Ultramans!
To the moon
Jan 9, 2017
527 posts
742 upvotes
I personally like Tencent (tcehy). It's OTC Pink market stock so I am not sure if it will be affected the same way as other Chinese stocks e.g. Baba.

Tencent has wechat which is the chatting program every Chinese use, and also people doing business with China will use it too. Tencent also owns a big part of SE.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
6198 posts
762 upvotes
clueless dude wrote: None if you wanna keep it long term.

I don't know if it will play out the way you describe because of the huge uncertainty inherent in politics, but clearly investing in China is a very risky proposition. Would only do it with a small fraction of my portfolio, and only if the potential rewards justify the risk.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
OP reposts his own thread, what-etf-do-you-buy-if-you-bullish-chin ... y-2388357/

If you have not figured this out in 9 months, you are not going to.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Jul 8, 2014
91 posts
65 upvotes
Westmount, QC
ZCH, XCH, MCHI are three ETF I am holding for Chinese company stock.
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes
Needs some exposure to those ADRs that got delisted from NYSE to HK exchange.

CPP, OTPP have so much direct investment in China, why it is so hard for ordinary people to invest in the booming economy of China in Canada?
didula wrote: ZCH, XCH, MCHI are three ETF I am holding for Chinese company stock.
World cup is coming
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes
I would recommend BIDU. It stands as the first line defense against western culture and western influence.

Other ones, I used to have are JD, netease, Weibo, ctrip, GSX

The one that I don't recommend is EDU, as well those financial, real estate related stocks listed in Hong Kong exchange. China Tech stocks are always good.
Redsanta wrote: What chinese stocks are good?
World cup is coming
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2565 posts
2828 upvotes
Montréal
EDIT:I should know better than to feed the trolls
Last edited by admiralackbar on Mar 26th, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)