Computers & Electronics

What to expect from Bell Fibe Promotional plans?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 7:39 pm
[OP]
Aug 26, 2011
341 posts
106 upvotes

What to expect from Bell Fibe Promotional plans?

Just signed up for Bell Fibe gigabit internet for 50$ a month, the details are in the image attached. The 50$ credit is "on-going".

I'm wondering when Bell will start to jack up the price since .. its Bell. And what can I do to avoid price increases. Threaten cancel? Move to a lower tier plan for the same price? How much will they actually jack up the price?

Thanks for any insights.

Edit: just to add, the only internet in my building is DSL through a phone line or fibe by Bell.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 3.52.31 PM.png
Koodo 6GB/40$ :twisted:
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6527 posts
5136 upvotes
North York
What to expect?
HELL

What to prevent?
hit "DEL" and move on.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1177 posts
631 upvotes
Barrie ON
MadmanKillEmAll wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 3:54 pm
Edit: just to add, the only internet in my building is DSL through a phone line or fibe by Bell.
There is a likelihood that your Bell Internet will be via DSL as well, and not "FIBRE" as I think you are implying. All internet packages, as well as the TV service, are part of Bell's line of "Fibe" products (i.e. not Fibre)

Unless you are certain that there is Fiber into your building, have a look at THIS page. You can see immediately that only the Gigabit 1.5 and the Gigabit packages are listed with the comment "Fibre to your home".

Click on the button "Check Availability" near the top of the page to see which packages you are capable of receiving.Make sure they haven't sold you a product that you can't get.
Oct 21, 2009
598 posts
490 upvotes
Bell will raise the prices about $5 every year so expect your bill to go up accordingly. It's good that your discount is ongoing, and it is a very good discount

Threatening to cancel won't mean much to them. They rather let go of customers and get new ones. If after sometime you don't think you're getting a good deal, contact their head office (from their site) and you will get the best deal possible.
Feb 4, 2017
551 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Rick007 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 5:02 pm
There is a likelihood that your Bell Internet will be via DSL as well, and not "FIBRE" as I think you are implying. All internet packages, as well as the TV service, are part of Bell's line of "Fibe" products (i.e. not Fibre)

Unless you are certain that there is Fiber into your building, have a look at THIS page. You can see immediately that only the Gigabit 1.5 and the Gigabit packages are listed with the comment "Fibre to your home".

Click on the button "Check Availability" near the top of the page to see which packages you are capable of receiving.Make sure they haven't sold you a product that you can't get.
It is 1gbps , so it is definitely fibre. DSL lines cannot go over 100mbps even with pair bonding.

OP, take the plan, and worry about price increase later. You are free to cancel at anytime.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5347 posts
826 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
OP - that's a good package.
I tried yesterday and the best I got was the standard $20.- discount but extended for a year rather than 6 months.

What was your strategy to get this deal?
Are you a Bell customer now?
Did you contact Bell or did they contact you
What time of day did you make the deal?
Was it via chat on on the phone?

I may try again tomorrow
[OP]
Aug 26, 2011
341 posts
106 upvotes
krs wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 9:14 pm
OP - that's a good package.
I tried yesterday and the best I got was the standard $20.- discount but extended for a year rather than 6 months.

What was your strategy to get this deal?
Are you a Bell customer now?
Did you contact Bell or did they contact you
What time of day did you make the deal?
Was it via chat on on the phone?

I may try again tomorrow
Group deal at my condo building, every resident had the same offer available to them. They were in the lobby for a few days trying to sign people up.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2011
341 posts
106 upvotes
Rick007 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 5:02 pm

Definitely fibe, they're using a different jack in the wall and speedtest showed on avg 1gb down and 900mb up.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5347 posts
826 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Question to people who have Bell Fibe at 100 MBps and uo, ir FTTH not FTTN.
How is the service vs what you subscribed to?
Are you getting the advertised speeds up and down on a regular basis?
What are typical ping values?

I'm on cable internet and the variation in speed each day is driving me nuts - it's like playing the lottery, speed could be at the full service level one minute and below 1 Mbps the next - one never knows.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5246 posts
489 upvotes
Markham
krs wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 6:23 pm
Question to people who have Bell Fibe at 100 MBps and uo, ir FTTH not FTTN.
How is the service vs what you subscribed to?
Are you getting the advertised speeds up and down on a regular basis?
What are typical ping values?

I'm on cable internet and the variation in speed each day is driving me nuts - it's like playing the lottery, speed could be at the full service level one minute and below 1 Mbps the next - one never knows.
We are in a bew sub-division and can get the Fibe 300

Speedtest is showing 300 up & down; ping is around 7ms
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D