What is a good tablet for inventory?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 11:21 am
[OP]
Nov 15, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes

What is a good tablet for inventory?

Does it also need a specific program or something.

I have a small variety store and also rent movies. I want to keep track of everything between the tablet and on the computer, especially for movie look up.
2 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14871 posts
5178 upvotes
You should focus your efforts on finding a program that you want to use, and then buy the appropriate hardware for the program. If you are creating your own program or using an existing one (such as spreadsheets) then just purchase a tablet that works well with those programs.

At my employer, our AV team finds that Apple hardware lasts longer than Samsung hardware. The difference in life is quite significant - we still have iPad 2's in use for various tasks whereas the Samsungs are replaced much more often.
Jan 26, 2004
239 posts
40 upvotes
Georgetown
TrevorK wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:58 pm
You should focus your efforts on finding a program that you want to use, and then buy the appropriate hardware for the program. If you are creating your own program or using an existing one (such as spreadsheets) then just purchase a tablet that works well with those programs.

At my employer, our AV team finds that Apple hardware lasts longer than Samsung hardware. The difference in life is quite significant - we still have iPad 2's in use for various tasks whereas the Samsungs are replaced much more often.
i agree
we are still using iPad 2 and iPad Pro we bought years ago. the battery doesnt work as good, but still its managable.