[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2013
1836 posts
91 upvotes
NORTH YORK

What is the greatest game ever made?

My vote goes to this:

This was next gen gaming on a current gen system. It pushed the NES hardware to the limit, had amazing graphics, control, and a high level of polish. It also introduced game design elements that are still in use today.

What do you think is the greatest game evar? Why?

In before Call of Duty.
415 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18957 posts
1340 upvotes
Original Super Mario Bros since it introduced the world of gaming to me when I was a kid and the countless hours I played....

Even after defeating it, there are so many hidden treasures to discover, you can just keep on playing it..

then followed by Super Mario Bros 3......graphics were absolutely amazing for the time and putting a new twist on an old classic with the different suits and different levels...

so fun!!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5553 posts
587 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Pong.

Clearly not for the black and white graphics.

Not for any plot.

Not for complexity.

Not for price.

Pong for the effect it had on our concept that it could be done.

Pong fundamentally changed how people thought of gaming.

I remember people spending hours playing Pong in pubs, then paying several days wages to have one at home.

Everything since then has been an improvement, but one's first true love is always the greatest.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2006
4432 posts
207 upvotes
My vote goes to Super Mario World for the SNES. It took everything learned from the NES Mario games and added a certain level of depth and complexity by introducing Yoshi. The graphics also still hold up to this day, and haven't aged quite as bad as the NES versions of Mario.
Apr 17, 2012
392 posts
139 upvotes
Ocarina of Time. For me it trumps even Super Mario World on SNES.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1718 posts
155 upvotes
Calgary
Final Fantasy left an indelible mark on my life. Opened my eyes to RPGs for the first time.

FF2, FF3 were also incredible (and were actually better games than FF).

Final Fantasy Dimensions is currently causing me to not work as much as I should :P
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3727 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
kennyhohoho wrote:
Apr 16th, 2013 11:09 am
My vote goes to Super Mario World for the SNES. It took everything learned from the NES Mario games and added a certain level of depth and complexity by introducing Yoshi. The graphics also still hold up to this day, and haven't aged quite as bad as the NES versions of Mario.
+1

I cant remember the amount of times i have played that game and still find specific levels soo difficult.
tehparadox.com is down. Any sites similar to it? All i know is bolt.cd and warez-bb.org. If you know any, msg me.

Thanks
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11400 posts
2342 upvotes
Montreal
super mario bros, legend of zelda link to the past, mike tyson's punch out, or super mario world

of those, legend of zelda a link to the past is probably my favorite though I played it on the gba first and only bought the snes version later. I put so much time into this game.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4111 posts
298 upvotes
New Westminster
Well in game consoles it would be a toss up between Zelda from first to snes version and super mario world - i had the first pong on my block as a kid but it wasn't that great...for the pc i would have to say a toss up between warcraft2 (found it better than the first), mohaa and halo. in terms of mmo type games it has to be Ultima Online which until trammel came was the best game ever after a rough start where a mage could kill 5 players with a energy field and slowly take each player down.(god i still hate thief's because of that game).

I really wish they would make halo 3 and later for the pc. i cant play consoles with game controllers anymore and really loved 1 and 2.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18713 posts
2225 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Tetris.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.