6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14368 posts
3170 upvotes
Life is the greatest game ever made but you only get one play through of your one character...
Jun 20, 2016
57 posts
112 upvotes
Doom

Blew everyone away at the time, even Chandler was playing it on Friends. What a game.
Banned
Oct 18, 2016
34 posts
20 upvotes
According to one of the many similar surveys "The 100 Greatest Video Games" is BioShock (http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture ... -all-time/). As for me, I am not sure, since in my opinion the best game of all time is WoW (World of Warcraft). However, in the same list Super Mario World takes the second position, with which I fully agree.
Banned
Oct 27, 2016
34 posts
9 upvotes
in my opinion, the greatest game ever made is lol (league of legends). This is a free RPG game which has been popular though out the years in the whole world. it got so popular that they started doing tournaments in America. in 6 years, league of legends reached over 75 000 000 players who are playing almost every day to rank up from unranked to master.
Jan 5, 2015
580 posts
140 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
An obscure game called:
Space Station 13

Many objectives, many ways to end the round. Always hilarious.
Honk honk.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
The Witcher 3 is the greatest game ever made.

Reasons

- Characters you actually care about
- A dense, adult plot that evolves into something meaningful with real choice impact
- Incredibly well realized open world design
- Beautiful graphics
- Engaging combat (up the difficulty before you say its bad)
- The best sidequests in any game ever made

The game has flaws for sure but its achievements are so significant that I now consider it the greatest game I've ever played. There's a lot of games that tickle my nostalgia and many other fantastic ones in general but The Witcher 3 is truly an incredible experience.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1294 posts
297 upvotes
mississauga
super mario galaxy 2 is regarded by even those most stingiest reviewers as the perfect game. /thread
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5350 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 11:46 am

Reasons

- A dense, adult plot that evolves into something meaningful with real choice impact
- Beautiful graphics

The game has flaws for sure but its achievements are so significant that I now consider it the greatest game I've ever played. There's a lot of games that tickle my nostalgia and many other fantastic ones in general but The Witcher 3 is truly an incredible experience.
YES finally some backup! I finished it a few months ago and I still think about it all the time. The ending of Blood and Wine was so satisfying. I can't wait to see how Cyberpunk turns out
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 11:23 am
Redmask wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 11:46 am

Reasons

- Beautiful graphics

YES finally some backup! I finished it a few months ago and I still think about it all the time. The ending of Blood and Wine was so satisfying. I can't wait to see how Cyberpunk turns out
I sat back after finishing Blood and Wine to sort of reflect on my whole experience with the game. 200+ hours of time, countless quests and stories. Fantastic characters with real motivations. One of the coolest game worlds I've seen. B&W had an amazing send off for Geralt, I could not imagine a better one. Not to sound overly dramatic but the game itself has left a real void that other games just aren't filling. Maybe its the cookie cutter worlds, crappy quests or poor writing in most other games, I don't know. It was an amazing experience but now I worry that its raised the bar too high for other games. Oh well, hopefully the rest of the industry learns a few lessons from it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5350 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 11:52 am
Not to sound overly dramatic but the game itself has left a real void that other games just aren't filling. Maybe its the cookie cutter worlds, crappy quests or poor writing in most other games, I don't know. It was an amazing experience but now I worry that its raised the bar too high for other games.
Yup I honestly feel the RPG genre peaked with this game and it's going to be a very long time before another RPG as good or better comes along. I'm still enjoying games like Fallout 4 and Xenoblade X, they're great games too, but it really is astounding how much higher quality TW3 is in nearly every aspect. I don't really expect other genres to fill the void this game left, but I do hope the rest of the industry learns from in terms of value of content and especially DLC
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1433 posts
337 upvotes
Last Gen = Red Dead Redemption
Current Gen = The Witcher 3
Mar 14, 2010
7 posts
3 upvotes
Boucherville
Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario World, Sid Meier's Civilization IV and, as a platform for a multitude of mods, Half-Life. The SNES generation was the best we will ever see.