None
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1477 posts
639 upvotes
Cambridge
jacksouth wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 9:31 am
Really hard to say, but I'd go with Dark Souls. No game has affected me quite like that game did.
I'm with you on this. There was just something special about that game. Such care went into every aspect of it (other than the Blight town frame rate). The combat was perfect, the level design was so well thought out and the sense of exploration and triumph was through the roof!
Jul 23, 2008
810 posts
155 upvotes
Civilization 2..Hundreds of hours pass on that game must mean something !
Banned
Feb 8, 2019
18 posts
4 upvotes
Hard to choose only one, I'm a huge fan of escape room games and different puzzle games. I often play such games with my friends on weekends. This week we're going to be trapped Calgary. As for me it's the best way to spend time with friends and have a lot of fun.
Feb 5, 2019
10 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
It depends on your definition of "greatest", but these are the most popular ones: League of Legends, Fortnite, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
14 posts
1 upvote
I would say god of war for playstation and Devil may cry or prince of persia for pc .
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
Pong was the first legitimate game that actually got people addicted to gaming.

In the modern era of PCs and all, I'd still go for my all-time favorite - Half-Life

If not for Half-Life, I don't think I'd have been more drawn towards the FPS genre.
-iwnl-
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
A massive fan of the Prince of Persia Trilogy!
The storyline was everything!!
-iwnl-
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2173 posts
255 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I'm sure it's been mentioned here - but Myst impacted me greatly. Mostly in a how to deal with a mass amount of frustration skills.
Feb 24, 2018
239 posts
115 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:48 am
I'm with you on this. There was just something special about that game. Such care went into every aspect of it (other than the Blight town frame rate). The combat was perfect, the level design was so well thought out and the sense of exploration and triumph was through the roof!
jacksouth wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 9:31 am
Really hard to say, but I'd go with Dark Souls. No game has affected me quite like that game did.
I own a PS3 but somehow never played Demons Souls or Dark Souls, I guess I was put off by stories of how hard they were. Which do you recommend going into first? I'd just get one tbh and if I don't like it then I'd skip the other, if I like it then I'd for sure get the other.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1477 posts
639 upvotes
Cambridge
PHuth2 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:17 pm
I own a PS3 but somehow never played Demons Souls or Dark Souls, I guess I was put off by stories of how hard they were. Which do you recommend going into first? I'd just get one tbh and if I don't like it then I'd skip the other, if I like it then I'd for sure get the other.
For me,if you're only getting one, I'd go with the first Dark Souls. It's not hard, per se, it's more that it just requires patience...lots of patience. Go slow, learn enemy movements, learn from your mistakes and don't get greedy trying to get an extra hit in ..I've died that way...the boss only needed one hit to be killed and I tried to just go for it and ended up losing because of that.

For me, exploring the world of Dark Souls, learning the lore, finding how the whole world map interconnects...it's like nothing else.