Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote

What happend to that top posters list?

I remember 2 years ago there was a top 10 posters for the day list...is it gone now? :(
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
That was part of the old forums.

Didn't actually notice it was gone till now. Probably not a part of this forum.

Not really useful anyways.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15126 posts
1828 upvotes
Oshawa
You can sort by post count in the Members List.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
JAC wrote:You can sort by post count in the Members List.
That only shows all time posts though...
Nov 3, 2003
250 posts
43 upvotes
why would anyone want to promote post whoring?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
H2O Boy wrote:why would anyone want to promote post whoring?
Not everyone whores, most people actually contribute to the discussions
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
yes... contribute to discussions.... like this ......
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10798 posts
1339 upvotes
Edmonton
If you really feel the need, you can click on the members list and sort by posts to see who's the cat's meow.

I notice MrKen is getting close to that elusive 10k mark. Isn't about time to ban him?

j/k

Total posts is such a useless measurement anyways. It used to be bragging rights 3 to 5 years ago when forums like this were exploding off the internet. Now it's just another statistic.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10936 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
blainehamilton wrote: I notice MrKen is getting close to that elusive 10k mark. Isn't about time to ban him?
Lol, who was that guy who got up to 9990? :) Can't remember his name
- Absolute
Nov 3, 2002
956 posts
Manitoba
Absolute wrote:Lol, who was that guy who got up to 9990? :) Can't remember his name
IIRC you're referring to Wintech. I don't remember details, but I'm pretty sure his ban had much more compelling reasoning behind it than being 10 posts off of hitting 10k. :) It's not till 12K that they nuke you.
"There are two ways to get enough: one is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." - GK Chesterton
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
canook wrote:IIRC you're referring to Wintech. I don't remember details, but I'm pretty sure his ban had much more compelling reasoning behind it than being 10 posts off of hitting 10k. :) It's not till 12K that they nuke you.
It was due to some trading disputes along with some offensive comments if I remember correctly.

The thread explaining the decision is probably here somewhere, you'd just have to go searching for it if you really wanted to.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10936 posts
312 upvotes
Ottawa
canook wrote:IIRC you're referring to Wintech. I don't remember details, but I'm pretty sure his ban had much more compelling reasoning behind it than being 10 posts off of hitting 10k. :) It's not till 12K that they nuke you.
Lol, oh yeah. I remember his posts now... pretty offensive. :)

As for the not nuking him, I guess we'll see if mrken misteriously disappears. :lol:
- Absolute
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4794 posts
337 upvotes
Ancaster
It'll be really evil if the counter resets at 9999 :twisted: