Expired Hot Deals

What happened to the Skechers PE thread in the hot deal?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 2:37 pm
Jul 1, 2008
248 posts
49 upvotes
Brampton, ON
All my orders got cancelled too without any notification email
Still hoping they would provide some real discount if ordered :)
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1018 posts
185 upvotes
KANATA
Cancelled without notification email aswell. Lame. I wasnt expecting to get the order, but they could have atleast sent a "we screwed up, he is a coupon"
This place is more like reddit everyday...
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1751 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
Neocodex wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 10:36 am
Cancelled without notification email aswell. Lame. I wasnt expecting to get the order, but they could have atleast sent a "we screwed up, he is a coupon"
Agreed. Should've at least sent a cancellation email.
Jun 14, 2017
501 posts
383 upvotes
They make fugly shoes anyways. Not losing sleep over this.
Nov 17, 2014
27 posts
21 upvotes
Montréal, QC
BTW, Where are the moderators when we are looking for answers???

If I was asking for referral or trying to sell something here it wont take 5 minutes and I will be notify by them, but to let us know what happen with the Skechers thread _________________ nothing...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1632 posts
835 upvotes
montreal
dandeals wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:47 am
BTW, Where are the moderators when we are looking for answers???

If I was asking for referral or trying to sell something here it wont take 5 minutes and I will be notify by them, but to let us know what happen with the Skechers thread _________________ nothing...
I agree with DanDeals.
A simple explanation of why the thread was removed would be nice.

Now, we are making assumptions on why the thread was completely deleted instead of simply moved to the Expired forum.

My personal guess (which is probably wrong) is that it was a legal request/threat from Sunwing/Skechers.

This was clearly an error/leak of a code.
But since the code is now "obsolete", I don't see the need to "hide" and remove all traces of that deal.

It is the first time I see a thread expiring (or should I say vanishing) like this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7833 posts
1276 upvotes
Mississauga
superbigjay wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:03 am
I agree with DanDeals.
A simple explanation of why the thread was removed would be nice.

Now, we are making assumptions on why the thread was completely deleted instead of simply moved to the Expired forum.

My personal guess (which is probably wrong) is that it was a legal request/threat from Sunwing/Skechers.

This was clearly an error/leak of a code.
But since the code is now "obsolete", I don't see the need to "hide" and remove all traces of that deal.

It is the first time I see a thread expiring (or should I say vanishing) like this.
RFD is great at transparency.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1632 posts
835 upvotes
montreal
Avenger wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:53 pm
RFD is great at transparency.
Maybe...
Personally, I am just curious (the error was already fixed when I saw this) as why the threat was silently removed instead of simply moved to the expired deal.

This isn't the first time there is a price/coupon error deal.

Not sure either if admins see this thread (or again simply ignore it silently).
Maybe we should tag them...

;-)
Jan 1, 2018
8 posts
40 upvotes
Has anyone tried calling in yet and complaining that we didn't get a cancellation notice? I will try and see what they say