Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: What happened to the Whirlpool warehouse sale thread?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 1:42 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10396 posts
1879 upvotes
Kingston

What happened to the Whirlpool warehouse sale thread?

On Nov 9 there was a big thread in Hot Deals about a Whirlpool warehouse sale using partners.whirlpool.ca. I bought a few things through the website and commented in the thread. Now I can't find the thread or even my comment in my profile.

What happened to the thread? I know I didn't imagine it because I have emails confirming my purchases.

Here is a cached version of the thread from early on.

Did Whirlpool object to the the info that was posted and it had to be deleted?

Thanks.
Share:
18 replies
Sep 22, 2010
125 posts
45 upvotes
Victoria
I just found your thread looking for the missing whirlpool thread as well. Just wanted to post that I got 1 of 3 shipping notifications, so my fingers are still crossed for the other orders.

Thanks,
Cal.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10396 posts
1879 upvotes
Kingston
calvados.boualrd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 4:27 pm
I just found your thread looking for the missing whirlpool thread as well. Just wanted to post that I got 1 of 3 shipping notifications, so my fingers are still crossed for the other orders.

Thanks,
Cal.
Thanks for the info Cal. Was pretty sure I wasn't imagining things.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8480 posts
12855 upvotes
Scarborough
We received a request to take it down because it wasn't supposed to be posted to the general public.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10396 posts
1879 upvotes
Kingston
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 5:06 pm
We received a request to take it down because it wasn't supposed to be posted to the general public.
Thanks for letting me know. Would it be OK to set up a discussion thread in Expired Deals about what is happening in terms of shipments?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8480 posts
12855 upvotes
Scarborough
JWL wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 5:12 pm
Thanks for letting me know. Would it be OK to set up a discussion thread in Expired Deals about what is happening in terms of shipments?
I don’t see any problem with that. Just make sure the details of the sale aren’t reposted within it.
Jul 23, 2008
811 posts
268 upvotes
There's been many similar promotions/sales from other companies, so I'm surprised rfd took down a post based on a complaint. Isn't this meant to be a forum for deals which naturally will be very public?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10396 posts
1879 upvotes
Kingston
calvados.boualrd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 4:27 pm

Thanks,
Cal.
sc00ter77 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:46 pm
There's been many similar promotions/sales from other companies, so I'm surprised rfd took down a post based on a complaint. Isn't this meant to be a forum for deals which naturally will be very public?
FYI, started a discussion thread on the warehouse sale HERE in Expired Deals.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1116 posts
512 upvotes
GVR
They deleted it. just got my shipping notification. chef knives and pans here we are.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8480 posts
12855 upvotes
Scarborough
sc00ter77 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:46 pm
It wasn't just a complaint and we didn't have any grounds to stand on to fight it. We usually fight take down requests because we don't like losing content but in this case there was no better option unfortunately.
Jul 23, 2008
811 posts
268 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:42 pm
It wasn't just a complaint and we didn't have any grounds to stand on to fight it. We usually fight take down requests because we don't like losing content but in this case there was no better option unfortunately.
Are you able to say on what grounds? I'm just curious as I have never seen this before.
Dec 17, 2006
307 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary
They cancelled my order without any notification or explanation whatsoever. Thanks for nothing Whirlpool.
Sep 22, 2010
125 posts
45 upvotes
Victoria
cdogg26 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:20 am
They cancelled my order without any notification or explanation whatsoever. Thanks for nothing Whirlpool.
Can you supply some details? How did they notify you? What did you order? Did you order over the phone or online? What day did your order?

Thanks,
Cal.
Dec 17, 2006
307 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary
calvados.boualrd wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:28 am
Can you supply some details? How did they notify you? What did you order? Did you order over the phone or online? What day did your order?

Thanks,
Cal.
I placed the order online on Thursday and my credit card was charged. I had ordered a washer and dryer as well as a fridge.

I spoke to a representative on the phone Friday about setting up shipping and was told I would receive a call back later in the day. He also confirmed all the details of my order. He didn't call back.

I had to call back again today to once again be told that I would be called back. No call received.

I just now realized that my credit card was refunded for the entire order and that my account is now locked out.
Sep 22, 2010
125 posts
45 upvotes
Victoria
cdogg26 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:39 am
I placed the order online on Thursday and my credit card was charged. I had ordered a washer and dryer as well as a fridge.

I spoke to a representative on the phone Friday about setting up shipping and was told I would receive a call back later in the day. He also confirmed all the details of my order. He didn't call back.

I had to call back again today to once again be told that I would be called back. No call received.

I just now realized that my credit card was refunded for the entire order and that my account is now locked out.
Playing devil's advocate, perhaps your order hasn't been canceled. Myself and a few others have noticed that upon placing the order a number of pre-authorization charges were placed on the credit card. Yesterday all 12 of those charges disappeared from my credit card to be replaced with one new charge, and a shipping notification. Another member on here told me that he called in and talked with Whirlpool, and they told this user that the credit cards will not be charged until the order is shipped. I still have 2 more orders yet to ship. I will post back as things progress.

Thanks,
Cal.