Home & Garden

What happens if I don't pay a condo bill i don't agree with?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 11:17 am
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4731 posts
2309 upvotes
Edmonton
gisumomoh wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:54 am
Copy of the bill from the plumber is for 5 hours of labour. The primary job is for another unit. There was no "truck roll" specifically for this inspection. They charged 2 hours for what would have taken 15-30 minutes and didn't identify the correct cause of the leak. Moreover the management instructed me to replace an expensive part whereas the plumber's recommendation was for something else. Incompetence all around. Whatever the case i'm confident in my case. All i am asking for is whether there is a dispute resolution process for such things and if anyone has experience with it. Given this is RFD it's hard to believe everyone just rolls over every time their condo management screws them over.
I gave you the links to get you going. Get started with that.

C
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4332 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
gisumomoh wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:54 am
Copy of the bill from the plumber is for 5 hours of labour. The primary job is for another unit. There was no "truck roll" specifically for this inspection. They charged 2 hours for what would have taken 15-30 minutes and didn't identify the correct cause of the leak. Moreover the management instructed me to replace an expensive part whereas the plumber's recommendation was for something else. Incompetence all around. Whatever the case i'm confident in my case. All i am asking for is whether there is a dispute resolution process for such things and if anyone has experience with it. Given this is RFD it's hard to believe everyone just rolls over every time their condo management screws them over.
I'm pretty sure people told you that you need to review your condo agreements/docs as they will all differ. I'm sure you could just ask someone in management and they will tell you.