Shopping Discussion

What happens if i return a bundle with a ps+ code?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2016 8:14 am
Dec 18, 2016
3 posts

What happens if i return a bundle with a ps+ code?

There is a promo for the uncharted bundle + a free 1 year ps+ membership code and the deal runs out tomorrow. Something better might come along for boxing day, but I can't tell yet since it's too early still.

So say something better does come along, what exactly would happen if i bought it and returned it? Do they dock the price of the membership from the bundle? Or nothing and just give me back all the money?

I'm not looking to scam anyone and wouldn't use it unless i was keeping it for sure, but technically, they wouldn't know if I used it or not, and I'd think they would just assumed I did, so how do they protect themselves?

And if it matters, assume it's amazon or ebgames
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
siryami wrote: There is a promo for the uncharted bundle + a free 1 year ps+ membership code and the deal runs out tomorrow. Something better might come along for boxing day, but I can't tell yet since it's too early still.

So say something better does come along, what exactly would happen if i bought it and returned it? Do they dock the price of the membership from the bundle? Or nothing and just give me back all the money?

I'm not looking to scam anyone and wouldn't use it unless i was keeping it for sure, but technically, they wouldn't know if I used it or not, and I'd think they would just assumed I did, so how do they protect themselves?

And if it matters, assume it's amazon or ebgames
Generally speaking bundles require the whole bundle to be returned for a full refund, otherwise they remove the full retail price of the missing item from any returns. If there's no retail value (i.e. if the item isn't available for retail sale they may deduct a relative portion.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2015
1294 posts
1512 upvotes
I would assume the cost of the PS+ code would be deducted as they have no idea whether you used it not.