Off Topic Archive

Locked: What the heck is a "calcified lump"?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2006 7:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1959 posts
7 upvotes

What the heck is a "calcified lump"?

So, I went to the doctor today and I guess this has been in the back of my head for the last couple of hours...
He says I might have a "calcified lump" and is referring me to a dermatologist... so, I'm just wondering, what the heck is a calcified lump? A bone that's making a guest appearance against my skin?

Google hasn't really been helpful, so I was just wondering if anyone here knew what it was.
Share:
19 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18557 posts
498 upvotes
Montreal
firehawk12 wrote:So, I went to the doctor today and I guess this has been in the back of my head for the last couple of hours...
He says I might have a "calcified lump" and is referring me to a dermatologist... so, I'm just wondering, what the heck is a calcified lump? A bone that's making a guest appearance against my skin?

Google hasn't really been helpful, so I was just wondering if anyone here knew what it was.
Why didn't you ask your doctor when he told you that you had it? Google is your friend otherwise...
dakota2001 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2012 11:24 pm
Women don't wake up, scratch their balls, throw on a baseball cap and venture into the world as is.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
60 upvotes
yes, we here are more qualified to answer that question than your doctor. i think it means you drank too much milk.
Back for a limited engagement.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2478 posts
122 upvotes
firehawk12 wrote:So, I went to the doctor today and I guess this has been in the back of my head for the last couple of hours...

Try this "subepidermal calcified nodule":

http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hs= ... tnG=Search

There are other calcified nodules but since your doc is sending you to a dermatologist it is likely along these lines.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
31 Spooner St. NIFOC
http://www.chat11.com/Calcified_Lump_In ... rs_Earlier

:|

Google is not really your friend for this question :(
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
60 upvotes
is it on your breast?
Back for a limited engagement.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18557 posts
498 upvotes
Montreal
15-20_God wrote:yes, we here are more qualified to answer that question than your doctor. i think it means you drank too much milk.
Homo milk, maybe? :cheesygri
dakota2001 wrote:
Women don't wake up, scratch their balls, throw on a baseball cap and venture into the world as is.
Mar 26, 2006
173 posts
T.O
B40 wrote:http://www.chat11.com/Calcified_Lump_In ... rs_Earlier

:|

Google is not really your friend for this question :(

oh man, this reminds me of another case where this man was carrying his undeveloped twin brother in his abdomen for like 50 or more years...damnn
Arite stop! mek a pose, tek a sip, shake yuh foot, start do di dip, wacky dip everybody fi step out an dip, wacky dip
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2478 posts
122 upvotes
sleepwalker wrote:oh man, this reminds me of another case where this man was carrying his undeveloped twin brother in his abdomen for like 50 or more years...damnn
Wonder if the extra head is calcified?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4302 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
^damn!!! that things huge...I'd pop it. :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1959 posts
7 upvotes
My doctor's kind of an ass... he'll just tell you what you might have and send you on your way. :lol:

And dude... it sucks to be that guy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1959 posts
7 upvotes
ElChico wrote:You're drinking too much milk.

Find all your answers here:

www.calcified-lumps.net/disorder/causes.html
Umm... it's a URL to google and the calcified-lumps.net page doesn't load?
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18557 posts
498 upvotes
Montreal
firehawk12 wrote:Umm... it's a URL to google and the calcified-lumps.net page doesn't load?
That's the point.

Reminds me of the business card that has the following written on both sides: "if you want to learn how to keep an idiot busy for hours, turn this card over" :cheesygri
dakota2001 wrote:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1959 posts
7 upvotes
Cute. :lol:
× < >