• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2017 9:13 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON

What Are High End Eye Glasses For Men?

I used to think Ray Ban were high end but mine are basically falling apart after 1.5 years.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Mykita and Salt Optics are nice. Dita glasses are nice also. Will be my next pair
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Nikon lenses are the best imo. "High end" is discretionary. Frames are pathetically priced in the designer market. I mean, you could have Nikon lenses in costco or walmart frames makes no difference than some Luxxotica crap priced at $500 just becuz of the label.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Where does one buy Nikon lenses?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
Guncho wrote: Where does one buy Nikon lenses?
any reputable optician would carry Nikon lense.

i LOVE my Salt optics frames. I've had good luck with Pro Design before.

Mikita is great. Tom Ford if you want a more recognizable designer brand

I would also suggest Oliver People but they've sold (out) to Luxxotica
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
get laser eye surgery
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Can't afford it.
Oct 28, 2004
309 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
Try Dior Homme frames? I've had my current Dior glasses for about 3 years and usually wear them 15 hours daily. They still look new and I'm the person who accidentally sleeps wearing them and needs to get them bent back into shape.
We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en francais, veuillez appuyer sur le deux.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Ending up buying Silhouette SPX Illusion Full Rim 2892 with high index Nikon lenses from a local shop at full retail price.

So strange. According to the specs these should be way too small for me but they fit really well and felt incredibly light.

My current Raybans's are 54 17 145.

The Silhouette's are 54 14 140.

I think I could have saved a lot of money if I had bought these online and am not sure I really needed high index lenses but the sales people were incredibly helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. I was just happy to find a pair I liked but probably pulled the trigger too soon.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Guncho wrote: Ending up buying Silhouette SPX Illusion Full Rim 2892 with high index Nikon lenses from a local shop at full retail price.

So strange. According to the specs these should be way too small for me but they fit really well and felt incredibly light.

My current Raybans's are 54 17 145.

The Silhouette's are 54 14 140.

I think I could have saved a lot of money if I had bought these online and am not sure I really needed high index lenses but the sales people were incredibly helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. I was just happy to find a pair I liked but probably pulled the trigger too soon.
There's no standardization between frame measurements. Just like clothing; you have to try it on and see if it fits. Some are slim fit, regular or relaxed sizes. You get the picture... good luck. ;)
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8423 posts
4666 upvotes
Durham
For regular prescription glasses ... I only wear Oakley or Emporio Armani.

For sunglasses ... I only wear Oakley, Adidas, or RayBans.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Aug 30, 2012
177 posts
81 upvotes
Guncho wrote: I used to think Ray Ban were high end but mine are basically falling apart after 1.5 years.
I have been wearing my Starck frame for about 10 years and it has no signs of failure. Typically it is worn full time including playing sports. The frame was labelled hand made in France back then.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1853 posts
319 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I tried a pair of Starck and they felt really solid.

The style wasn't for me and the price tag either.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2005
5218 posts
1240 upvotes
Burlington
Own a pair of Robert Marc that I really like - one of those brands that focusses on 1 thing and they do it well.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21163 upvotes
Toronto
I have 2 pairs of prodesign (both made in Japan) titanium with Nikon lenses (1 with transition). Each pair cost me $700; the other $850.

Sunglasses, Oakley frame but with prescription Carl zeiss lens

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)