Home & Garden

What is the hourly rate for Moving services?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2008 8:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
6413 posts
227 upvotes

What is the hourly rate for Moving services?

Just wondering what is the going hourly rate for moving services?

Does the rate depend on how many movers they send and how big the truck they use for job?

Does $85/hr for 3 movers and 24' truck sound fair?

My quotation also adds a 1/2 hour traveling charge on top. I thought they start charging when they arrive till the finish the moving job........ Any clue what the traveling charge for ??
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1979 posts
7 upvotes
Kingston
Any clue what the traveling charge for ??
I've never hired movers, but judging from what you posted it's for the time it takes for them to travel from their business to your house.
May 22, 2007
301 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
I paid $95 per hour for 3 men plus truck, plus 1 hour travelling time - they did an awesome job so I am happy.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
7260 posts
128 upvotes
No frills Asian movers, 1 truck, 2 guys = $50 / hr.

Don't expect amazing service, but I did that twice and nothing was broken, etc. I wrapped the stuff myself of course. They just did the lifting and moving.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
6413 posts
227 upvotes
macdonlg wrote:
May 20th, 2008 9:19 am
I paid $95 per hour for 3 men plus truck, plus 1 hour travelling time - they did an awesome job so I am happy.
Do you recall what the "travelling time" for? I thought I am paying them from time they arrive my existing home, so the traveling time from old to new place is included in the whole job. How come there is additional travelling time on top ??

In terms of the hourly rate, I have heard some company charging FROM $55-65, but I guess it depends on whether they use 2 or 3 guys.
May 6, 2008
416 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
rdx wrote:
May 19th, 2008 9:59 pm
Just wondering what is the going hourly rate for moving services?

Does the rate depend on how many movers they send and how big the truck they use for job?

Does $85/hr for 3 movers and 24' truck sound fair?

My quotation also adds a 1/2 hour traveling charge on top. I thought they start charging when they arrive till the finish the moving job........ Any clue what the traveling charge for ??
Companies that I've referred my clients to in the past charge anywhere from 75 to 95 dollars for 2 - 3 guys and truck.

The travel charge is to get the truck to your home and drive back when the work is done (varies depending on how further the new home is).
Addy Saeed - Real Estate Sales Representative
My Toronto Blog - Need Real Estate Advice? - Each brokerage independently owned and operated. Not Intended to solicit buyers and sellers under agency contracts
Additional Disclosures
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7691 posts
318 upvotes
I'll be needing one in about a months time, anyone recommend any companies? I'll be packing most stuff myself to save a bit on cash. Something along the lines of $65-95/hr is good with me -sg
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Nov 16, 2005
305 posts
7 upvotes
Could someone post or recommend some companies? I'll be moving by the end of June from Mississauga to Milton.

Thanks,

HEATWARE
My Feedback
Jul 15, 2003
56 posts
1 upvote
Yes I am also in need of some good referrals. I want professionals and am willing to pay more if that's what it takes to avoid stress. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2005
1283 posts
60 upvotes
I used Polanski movers (Mississauga). 3 guys, big truck, $95/hr. They were incredibly fast, careful and professional and I totally recommend them.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14316 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
i THINK YOU'RE BETTER OFF GETTING A QUOTE FOR THE WHOLE JOB.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1305 posts
42 upvotes
I just need to move a huge china cabinet from the dinning room to the garage. Will they do such a small move?
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
May 23, 2008
436 posts
48 upvotes
Gtown
rfdrfd, would you mind letting me know which is the no frills company, pls? $50 per hour sounds pretty low :) Thanks.
Nov 23, 2004
254 posts
15 upvotes
can i ask who you guys would use? the wife and i are moving from Toronto to Kingston but have been getting quotes in the 130/hr range for 3 guys and truck

thanks
May 30, 2007
398 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Add me to the list of people who need a mover. Movin' into the new place in a couple of weeks. All my stuff is packed and ready to go but I definitely don't feel like driving a U-haul through downtown Toronto.
× < >