• Nov 10th, 2013 10:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1921 posts
124 upvotes

What kind of customer service

Leaves you on hold for 20 minutes wasting your air time and then tells you to leave a message.

I'm distgustapated.
28 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1921 posts
124 upvotes
But 20 minutes to tell you to leave a message.

No option to wait longer, leave a message or get F'd?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1921 posts
124 upvotes
A day in the life of a satisfied ASUS customer.

-Buy motherboard with 26.78% negative rating on Newegg, 13% specifically on bent CPU pins or a dead memory channel, the single biggest defining symptom of bent pins.
-Spend an hour on hold trying to find out what repair cost is, give up.
-Send an email to customer support noting that warranty will almost certainly be void due to bent pins, and inquire about options.
-Customer support sends back RMA authorization.
-Realize that the person who sent the message is ***** and paying for postage is a waste of time, try to call back.
-Spend another hour and a half on hold, in spans of 20 minutes before being hung up on.
-Spend half an hour on hold for web instant chat.
-At same time, spend another hour on hold on phone, get told, 'Going to place you on hold for 1 more minute.'
-Wait another half an hour.
-Spend 30 seconds getting told the warranty is void and repair cost exceeds retail price of the board.

The damage is so insignificant I could probably fix it but I think I'm going to make an office space copier snuff film out of spite. I'll eat glass before I send them another penny.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
^
Jeez - ASUS customer support is that bad :|

Don't kill the board :( ........... I'll fix it :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
Must have went downhill. My last RMA experience with them was pretty good, that was 5 years ago tho.
Aug 12, 2012
161 posts
24 upvotes
MONTR
I guess 20 mins is not too bad, I got one for waiting more than 35+ mins...all I do is turn to speaker mode and do my thing at the same time and wait til I hear the voice back
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
Vote with your wallet
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2692 upvotes
Vancouver
The one time I called Asus support, I did get through to a real human being fairly promptly, although clearly English was not their first language. I was asking where was the WinXP Pro disc that was supposed to be included with my new laptop along with the pre-installed Vista. They told me that they just dropped WinXP from the package without actually informing anyone or changing the published specs. I demanded. They said "ok", and a week later I got a copied CDR with the WinXP drivers for the laptop on it. Actually that resolved my problem, since the disc included some important drivers that were missing from their web site, and I already had a spare WinXP Pro licence. So I give them a C+ overall. :)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1921 posts
124 upvotes
ilovedeals320 wrote: I guess 20 mins is not too bad, I got one for waiting more than 35+ mins...all I do is turn to speaker mode and do my thing at the same time and wait til I hear the voice back
You misunderstand, it's 20 minutes followed by, "We're not actually going to answer your call, leave a message and we'll call you back when we feel like it."

Overall I spent over 3 hrs trying to get through. ASUS will never get another penny, I don't care if I like their routers and other products or not. Just ridiculous.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Sounds like their customer support went downhill ---

http://asussucks.com/

Maybe their service department hasn't grown to their increased amount of different products.....
Mar 3, 2009
566 posts
51 upvotes
Yeah, all true. I could rant for an hour about ASUS, but as long as their stuff is cheap, people will buy. Just know going in that it's a gamble... if you're lucky, it will work ok.
Banned
Apr 12, 2011
815 posts
107 upvotes
sounds about right..
on my second consecutive rma with asus, they told me they "cant hear me" 4 times out of five
so i called my mom and she said she can hear me very clearly..
its what they do..their customer server is just as bad as acer, if not worse...4 rmas, didnt fix the problem and never tried to replace the damn tablet..
had to go back to the retailer and have them handle it-.-
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
george__ wrote: MSI is worse

http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/MSI

sounds like a site for angry venting people
MSI is pretty good, 3 years ago I bought one of their motherboards, DOA and they send me a new one, replacement board died after a week and they sent me another one, altho I sold it and got an Asus instead but they called me to see if I am satisfied with their service. Btw, both times it was free shipping back to them.

You are right, it looks like a site for angry venting people, none of the companies I enter has better than "disappointing" ratings.
Sep 11, 2006
976 posts
430 upvotes
OP, did you buy the board instore or online? Most of the recent boards that I purchased instore, I was asked to check for bent pins and had to initial afterward on the receipt. If the particular store did not ask you to do so, request that you want to open up the box and check for bent pins, missing accessories, etc before paying. I have been doing this since I started building my on pc back in the early 2000's and never had a board with bent pins issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)